A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: stephajewel Arabian Coffee - January 13th, 2007 at 03:17 AM
I recently made a trip to Super Walmart and picked up a couple $1.50 plants while I was there. The one tag said Arabian Coffee. I was instantly intrigued and had to buy it. The other one was simply listed as Foliage. Ummmm...can we be a little bit more specific people?! Duh hahaha

My first question is whether or not I should look into separating out the individual stems of the Arabian Coffee. It looks as though the leaves underneath may suffer from lighting neglect because the leaves on top of blocking some of the light. I haven't found any posting in here about Arabian Coffee plants and I was wondering if any of you own one or can give me any tips on it. It has two different types of leaves on it. In one of my blurry camera phone pictures you can see that it actually sprouted from a coffee bean.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My other questions is about the foliage plant. What kind of foliage is it? I'd also appreciate tips for this one as well if you can.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Re: Arabian Coffee - January 13th, 2007 at 03:40 AM
Coffea arabica
Posted By: Triss Re: Arabian Coffee - January 13th, 2007 at 11:28 AM
What a fun houseplant that would be to have. Going to have to keep my eye out!
Posted By: stephajewel Re: Arabian Coffee - January 15th, 2007 at 09:20 PM
Thanks Bill, that link really helped me figure out how large it will grow...wow! Looks like I'm gonna have some fun with this plant.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]