A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Armstrong mystery #19 ~ Malvaviscus arboreus "Mexican turk's cap" - October 29th, 2006 at 10:37 PM
[Linked Image]
I think it is Flowering Maple (Abutilon). That looks like quite a garden tour you went on.
Jiffy,
Have you taken this plant picture twice??

Cause I guessed the same thing in another
post/picture.... Duh Duh
I think it's Malvaviscus arboreus, "Turk's Cap" Hibiscus.
Yep, I looked it up, to what
"THE thumbup ZUZU clp PETALS teech " said...
Looks just like it...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Armstrong mystery #19 ~ Malvaviscus arboreus "Mexican turk's cap" - October 30th, 2006 at 05:32 AM
i don't think so. this plant was very different than the other. the flowers' habit was different, more open and upright than the turks cap (which i do think is correct for #17!)
I stand by Malvaviscus arboreus for this one,
smile and I still say that #17 is Malvaviscus penduliflorus

M. arboreus is an upright form,
and M. penduliflorus (as the name sort of implies)
has the pendulous flowers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Armstrong mystery #19 ~ Malvaviscus arboreus "Mexican turk's cap" - October 30th, 2006 at 06:32 AM
ok zuzu, you have a very good eye! this one is m. arboreus and the other one is m.penduliflorus.

thanks for your help kissies and see weezie p i didn't take the same pic twice! laugh laugh
Those sneaky plants, dev they're always trying to keep us all confused and be-fuzzled. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Armstrong mystery #19 ~ Malvaviscus arboreus "Mexican turk's cap" - October 30th, 2006 at 06:46 AM
wink i agree! laugh laugh

the give away for me was a google image of the fruits of this one. i tried to get a pic of them, but it didn't work, however, the google image had a perfect pic to match what i saw! kissies thanks again!
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
<strong> thanks for your help kissies and see weezie thumbup flw clp cool
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]