A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: swapguy Clothes Line Post - March 17th, 2007 at 06:38 PM
I have a clothes line post that is a tee. Instead of digging it up I decided to grow something on it. It gets filter sun light and a few hours of afternoon sun. I live in zone 9. Any recommendations?
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Clothes Line Post - March 17th, 2007 at 07:04 PM
Oh there are soo many climbers to choose from!! thumbup morning glories,& moon flower vine this way you will have blooms during the day and at night and it will smell great in the evening!!

or sweetpea vine, hiacynth bean vine,, you could even hang baskets from the 'T' bar and put cascading plant ~ Dew plant, bocopa,verbena trailing plants, & many others in those too!! That would make a great vision!
I'm sure others will have great suggestions too!! thumbup flw
I really like the idea of using the clothes line 'T' for flowers ~~ Good Save!!
Posted By: MLN Re: Clothes Line Post - March 17th, 2007 at 07:19 PM
I have a plant hangar I put in my east flower bed but in the summer when the sun hits it I can't keep the pots watered enough to keep the flowers alive. Sooo, I set a big clay pot at the base of it and put some jasmine in it. It's doing really well climbing the hangar and the side benefit is that here in zone 8, the jasmine is evergreen. If I get tired of the jasmine and want to change to something else, I can swap the pot.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Clothes Line Post - March 18th, 2007 at 07:35 AM
When I used to have clothes tee in my yard that wasn't used anymore I mounted a birdhouse on the top of the tee. idea Then I put a hanging baskets on each of the tees and planted them with pink Petunias and the Hummingbirds really loved them. luv It was like a Hummingbird magnet. wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]