A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Rosepetal Anyone starting geraniums yet for summer? - December 31st, 2006 at 06:15 AM
I want to have some geraniums in my greenhouse this coming summer and from what I have read I know I must start them from seed about this time of year. Has anyone done this before, do you have any tips to share?
Posted By: chenno Re: Anyone starting geraniums yet for summer? - February 2nd, 2007 at 07:20 PM
I have not from seed, I want too, so this is a great post;-) I do however keep me and cut them down and put in the basement and they come back again in spring;-)
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Anyone starting geraniums yet for summer? - February 12th, 2007 at 07:32 AM
I've never startd any Geraniums from seed, but I do have some started from cutting. They are doing quite well at the moment, but I will have to see what happens to them as time passes. Duh I'm hoping they will be a decent size by the time spring arrives. wink
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Anyone starting geraniums yet for summer? - February 24th, 2007 at 02:50 AM
I just planted geranium seeds on the 20th in starter soil and they emerged already on the 23rd!
Posted By: Rosepetal Re: Anyone starting geraniums yet for summer? - February 27th, 2007 at 08:36 PM
My geraniums are all up and growing well. Planted 20 seeds and all 20 are growing.
I started mine on the 14th and they too were up in 3 days.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone starting geraniums yet for summer? - February 27th, 2007 at 10:48 PM
I started a bunch from seed last year, it was pretty late in the year too...I think around April, and I was so proud of them because they were so easy to grow and I didn't spend a ton buying them. Trying to overwinter them in the basement! thumbup

[Linked Image]
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]