A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: terraflora Nandina: Lanky; Can I lop it to fluff it out? - March 4th, 2007 at 09:28 PM
I have a Nandina (it has 'bamboo' in the name, but don't recall). It is getting very tall and lanky. I have another that is staying very compact and full.
Can I lop off height of the Nandina to cause it to 'full' out?

Thanks!

TF
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nandina: Lanky; Can I lop it to fluff it out? - March 5th, 2007 at 04:05 AM
you can prune the nandina. the "common name" for nandina is heavenly bamboo, but it isn't bamboo at all.
Posted By: papito Re: Nandina: Lanky; Can I lop it to fluff it out? - March 5th, 2007 at 02:30 PM
See also:

Grow and Care for Heavenly Bamboo
Nandina domestica

at

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/nandina.html
Posted By: terraflora Re: Nandina: Lanky; Can I lop it to fluff it out? - March 9th, 2007 at 04:10 AM
Papito... Thank you VERY much!!! That I can prune it rather severly (1/3 of canes) this spring is exactly what I needed to find out! Thanks for the directional assist!!
Posted By: papito Re: Nandina: Lanky; Can I lop it to fluff it out? - March 9th, 2007 at 04:24 AM
Terraflora,

You are welcome.

I divided my heavenly bamboos about a month ago. They are doing just fine in their new containers.

Papito
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]