A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 20th, 2007 at 05:39 AM
Hi everyone...

Please identify these 2 plants for me...

#1 [Linked Image]

#2 [Linked Image]

Thanx millions....
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 20th, 2007 at 01:11 PM
The first one almost looks like some kind of lavendar???? Duh

And the second one almost looks like a dandelion..
*but wait to see if you get any other identifiers', if not, I'd like some different angle shots' of that last one, like how it comes out of the ground, ie: one stalk or several, and what the top~down looks like????*
Posted By: netty Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 20th, 2007 at 07:26 PM
The first one reminds me of one of my varieties of Yarrow.
The second does look a bit like dandelion except for its size. Do you have another picture?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 20th, 2007 at 09:18 PM
could it be some sort of dandelion? I mean, in France, they grow a special variety that has leaves that are erect instead of making a rossette on the ground, they use it for sala di think!
The first pic, not sure if it's the way it was taken or the angel, but the leaves look like they're fleshy, maybe some sort of succulent? looks a bit plastic-y to me
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 21st, 2007 at 03:27 AM
Hi everyone...

i got da first from a local Agricultural Research Station...no name tag n i didnt ask... Kenny, tho da leaves r shiny they r not thick n not succulent... n they r rather strongly fragrant...

Da second... my hubby brought back some seeds n told me they were flowers...said he got 'em from his Chinese friend...it was only much, much later when da plant has grown this large that he told me that his Chinese friend always pick da leaves (+another kind of herb) to add to thier soup...emm i wonder if it can b cooked s a vegetable dish s well? Have not tried yet....

May b when it has flowered i can snap another pic n post here...
Posted By: bettyboop1948 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 23rd, 2007 at 11:24 PM
Can any one tell me what they think this is
[Linked Image] if so tyvm
Bettyboop1948
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 24th, 2007 at 12:24 AM
betty, can you take another pic? the light from the window makes it too dark...also, move it away from the window - or take a pic at night with artificial light.

also, you might want to start a new thread for it smile
Posted By: bettyboop1948 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 26th, 2007 at 01:54 AM
Here is another pic

photobucket.com/albums/i37/bettyboop1948 and here is another one hope better then first

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bettyboop1948 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 26th, 2007 at 01:59 AM
Sorry made it smaller this time

[Linked Image] so now maybe some one can tell me what this plant is called
Bettyboop1948
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 26th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
maybe a mod can split it out into a new thread.

it looks like a corn plant to me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 26th, 2007 at 03:26 AM
we can't split it, but if you repost in a new thread, we'll delete this one from here.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 26th, 2007 at 03:30 AM
Yep!!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 26th, 2007 at 11:11 PM
Alba I think the first one is lavender too! If you rub the leaves and your fingers and leaves smell kinda like oregano rosemary or sage it's very possible it's a variety of lavender!!

Look at the leaves on this one!
http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/lavdentata.htm
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 27th, 2007 at 05:09 AM
Hi Daine...

Thanx millions...but now i m a little undecided...when Netty said it reminded her of Yarrow...i googled Yarrow n saw that da leaves do look like Yarrow leaves... now that u posted da link to Lavandula dentata...think they r also similar.. ahh think i'll have to wait for it to bloom...that is if it would... then i'll post da pic here...

Hi bettyboop1948... sorry to say that i do not know da plant ...but i LOVE da scene behind it... is that da scene u get everyday from your house..??? ahhh u have a beautiful place!!
Posted By: bettyboop1948 Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - February 28th, 2007 at 01:41 AM
Yes that is our Lake you are seeing behine plant.
I see it every day But thank you looking at my plant
Posted By: saintlorilea Re: Heeellp...2 IDs needed - March 6th, 2007 at 11:40 AM
Hi - I think #1 is "lavender cotton" (Santolina chamaecyparissus). Greyish foliage, yellow "button-like" flowers.
Perhaps #2 is some sort of acanthus?

Also - to bettyboop1948: could we be seeing a dracaena here?

best regards, Saintlorilea
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]