A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: TheGardenerGuy Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 20th, 2007 at 12:31 AM
We brought some long pussy willow branches in a couple weeks ago...They have their fuzzy blooms on them...
Question....do we keep the water in the vase after they bloom?? If so.... how long?
We took the water out and saw some of the fuzzy blooms drooping....

Please Help!!
Greg
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 22nd, 2007 at 02:04 AM
flw
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:20 PM
? Question Greg...
What is it you're tryin' to do with the
pussywillow branches???

Are you tryin' to reroot them?

Or just have forced branches in the house as a floral type arrangement? Duh
Posted By: TheGardenerGuy Re: Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 23rd, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Hi Weezie....

We just brought them inside early to force them to bloom earlyfor an arrangement...
We put water back into the vase again... wavey gab
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 23rd, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Greg, you threw the willow water out? I would have saved it. Geesh, I lost my willow water source when my friend sold her house.
Posted By: TheGardenerGuy Re: Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 24th, 2007 at 12:57 AM
It was just water from the outside tap. We put some water back in the vase and they perked up.

Greg
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Pussy Willow Question..Help! - March 24th, 2007 at 01:02 AM
Greg,
If you are ever tryin' to root something..

Take a willow branch, *several* and soak them in water... let sit for a day or three...
and then put in the item you're tryin' to root..

The willow water has the ability to help those
other items send out roots..
*it's a hormone like excreted from the willow branch in the water that entices the other things too root* teech
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]