A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 01:33 PM
It's that time of year again!
If there is enough interest we will have a Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange!
So let me know if your in the mood and if so...dig into those boxes of seeds, and start packing them up!
The deadline for mailing your seeds is March 23rd.

RULES

1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack. Seed packets need to have the name of the seed on them. If english/american is your second language you may want to use the scientific/botanical name for the plant. That makes it easier to find in english. Other nice things to have on the envelope that are not necessary are USDA growing zones if known, growing conditions (sun vs. shade, ph if unusual, if it needs light to germinate) your screen name. These things are not necessary. Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!

2. Mail your seeds no later than March 23rd.

3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for. As regards wishlist, these can be as specific or as general as you would like or you don't have to do one at all. Or they can be a combination. For example I'm looking for tropical plants to grow indoors since I don't have a garden patch anymore. That's rather general. But I am also looking for Dutchman's Pipe. Now that is specific. So I could put both of them on my wish list. It just helps me to select which seeds to send you when I have a very wide selection to chose from.

4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.

5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by April 15th.
7. Please limit same seed types to a maximum of 25 seed packets. For example if you are sending in Blue Columbines please don't send in more than 25 packets of this type. But you could also send in 25 Red Columbines in the same envelope and that would be great.

NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the Seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.

Let the Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange BEGIN!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 02:14 PM
kissies
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 02:16 PM
Woohoo! I'm going to go through my seeds as soon as my wee-one takes a nap!! Thanks so much for this, again, Tammy. You've got much better organizational skills than I.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 03:47 PM
grinnnn
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 03:51 PM
ME TOO...I'm in!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 04:33 PM
I need to look and see if I can come up with some stuff.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 04:44 PM
I'll only have a little bit to send., but thats bettr then nothing.
Posted By: maja24 Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 07:19 PM
Great to hear Tammy! I'm in! flw
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 07:44 PM
im not shure if i send any in most of mine would be re-peats from last swap. laugh pink and purple clomes laugh let me see if i can find somthing diffrent,
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 09:01 PM
I will have to see if I can be a part of this or not... will let you know in a day or two... thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 09:42 PM
I'd love to join, I'll send my seed off by the end of this week so I don't hold back the process like last time shocked
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I am so excited about seeing everyone respond so quickly. I look forward to doing this again.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 5th, 2007 at 10:41 PM
BTW if anyone wants to pm me there wish list in advance of there seeds arriving that worked really well last time. So if you want to please do.

Last time some people could have gotten things on there list if I had, had the lists sooner. I send out seeds as I get a good selection of seeds for people who have already sent theirs in. That way I don't have a thousand seed packets in the apartment all at one time.

There are definitely pro's and con's for each way of doing it. Anyway, if you want to pm me with your wishlist please do.

OH, AND DON'T SEND ENVELOPES I HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO COVER THIS SEED EXCHANGE. JUST REMEMBER TO SEND THE STAMPS AND YOUR ADDRESS WITH THE SEEDS.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 01:24 AM
wavey

I'm new to the "seed flings" , so I just want to make sure[for myself... so I don't drive myself kissies kissies

--Mark--
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 04:13 AM
Sounds like you have it down pat Mark.

That's exactly how it works.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 03:42 PM
I'm in.I'm in.I'll come back later and read....b clp clp clp ut I'm in!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 06:48 PM
Hi Njoynit, I'm so glad your joining. That was a great selection of seeds last round. I look forward to seeing what you send in this time.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 08:08 PM
ok tammy im in this one too kissies you did a great job! i still have to figure out were to plant em all! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 08:15 PM
I gotta figure out what I want.....I don't even know what I'd like. laugh I like everything! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 08:30 PM
Thanks! thumbup

Same thing with me, Loz.. I don't think I can possibly make a list! laugh laugh laugh

I'm in! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 09:55 PM
Well I have a few things on my list. They are the very unlikely things but you never know.

Also don't forget to let your friends know about the Fling. I'm definitely going to let our local garden club know. They are a group of wonderful women and I'm hoping some will join.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 11:07 PM
I went through all my seeds... and came up with a lot of packets that I don't need... lots of extras.. laugh laugh laugh

I hope they are of some use to someone! shocked shocked kissies

do we need to send ya a PM[with our addy]?

--Mark--
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 6th, 2007 at 11:48 PM
when you send your seeds to tammy you can put your addy and stamps in with your seeds thumbup
Posted By: jmorrrris Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 01:03 AM
I want to join! Today is my first day on this site and I am having a blast!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Hi and Welcome jmorrrris. It's a pleasure to welcome you to the Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange. I'll pm you with my address. I hope you enjoy this website as much as I do.
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 04:55 PM
Tammy I sent u a PM back. Ok you talked me into it. I bought a few seeds over the winter. p Let's just put it this way. I am addicted to Amaranthus and Poppies. And I think I have every variety. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: suzydaze Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 05:01 PM
I'm in
Posted By: comfrey Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 05:18 PM
Sorry I have to much going on right now to be able to join this time. Have fun everyone!
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 05:58 PM
Tammy,

I found some things! I'm in!

I also have a question: I have some nice things I bought whole packs of this year and I'm not going to be able to use them all. If I have 5-10 seeds of something brand new and maybe a little unusual, would that be ok? Not poppy or petunia seeds where you get 500 in a pack, but seeds where you get 15, 20, 25, 35 or even 50 to a pack.

If this will disappoint you and the other participants, then I won't do it, it's just that I seem to have a lot of them. Normal people save seed back in case there is a germination failure, but I am more woried I will have a bumper crop!
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 06:25 PM
tk

i wanna come in, but dont know what to ask for ..
I am so spoiled..........(Ps my orchid is in bloom again)
I will go check some catalogs and see names.

dodge
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 08:30 PM
PG I think the only disappointing thing about so few seeds is the germination. I got a packet of love lies bleeding in the last one with only 10 seeds, may have been a mistake in the packaging of it, and I did a germination test and out of the 5 I germination tested, only 2 germinated and only 1 survived. ters I am happy to say it is still growing and doing great.
[Linked Image] It's bigger than that now.
And then with those that have great germination rates, like poppies and dianthus are a few of the ones where I'm like what am I going to do with so many seeds. I don't need 100 of these but 20 or 30 would be nice. That's just imo tho.

Nuria
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 08:37 PM
PartyGirl there will be another Fling in the Fall where you can exchange your bumper crop so I would save your excess and put it in with those. That's just a suggestion. I know that if I am turning down Aquatic plant seeds and other exotics I'm probably going to get mumbled at, by myself if no one else lol.

Dodge I'm so glad you are going to join. I know you love to trade as much as I do.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 7th, 2007 at 08:41 PM
Nuria if you have the number that was put on the package please send it to me in a pm. Inadvertent mistakes like that one can be easily corrected. That's why I took all the time to keep records.

I know that I sent in Love-lies-bleeding and since it was my first time harvesting them I may have done so to early. But I am more than willing to send a make-up package and I know our other members would be equally as willing if they were their seeds.

We want everyone to be very happy.

Sometimes it's just a matter of the seed packet not being as well sealed as we think they are. That's happen to me a time or two as well.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 12:02 AM
Tk I have made plans with all my the seeds I have from our friends here as soon as the weather breaks they will go out side.. I do have cutting I'm willing to share. I don't know how that would work but I have..
For spring and summer early fall out side..
Devil's back bone
fire stick pencil cactus
Stepelia,( Carrion flower cactus) soft textured with burgundy flowers)
Epi
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 12:58 AM
tkhooper ,

Ok I am in.. i found some wants, Now I will need your addy.

Am I correct? I send the amount of seeds I want , an you send the same amount back?
DO I write that on the envelope?

Enclose stamps in it also.. I am a newbie.

Thanks
dodge clp
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 12:58 AM
No worries Tammy , it wasn't from you and that's why I thought it would be a packaging mistake. And I was very happy with everything I got. Let's just say that one was disappointing for me because I found it so beautiful. After falling in love with it from pictures I went and bought some seeds online. Call me a sucker for pretty things. So here's a question do you all think it is ok to put like 30 - 40+ seeds of these little ones, like amranthus and poppies or would you feel "ripped off"? I know that you can harvest hundreds of these seeds once it flowers but I've bought most of mine and sometimes they don't come with all that many. Please be honest. I am going to pack them tomorrow or tonight if I get enough answers.
Thanks
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 02:04 AM
I can't vouch for everyone but I wouldn't feel ripped off at all. I am making small gardens and don't need tons of any individual seed. In fact, I was thinking about doing the same with the snapdragons and other itty-bitty seeds that I've ordered.
Posted By: Triss Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 02:32 AM
Just to pop on for myself here, I would any kinds of cuttings rather than seeds if they do come in. I have all kinds of seeds but am looking for more indoor plants. So if some come in Tammy, I would be one that would take them.

Same goes if someone wanted to send just a few of something unique, I have a small garden and would be ok trying one or two of something and I am not one to get upset if it does not take off or they do not all germinate.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 02:35 AM
I don't have much anything 'unique' to send in[on any account], but I will try my best! laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 02:39 AM
Mark,

Just send , you are unique.

lol
b
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 02:42 AM
Originally posted by dodge:
Mark,

Just send , you are unique.

lol
b
laugh kissies kissies

I suppose I should get a list of what I would like together.. laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 02:45 AM
That would help too..........

I need tkhooper's addy ........Is she around/

b wavey
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 03:56 AM
cancolgirl, your suspost to put 20 seeds per pack so i dont see how anyone could feel riped off if you put in 30-40 seeds in thumbup i know i put more than 20 in some of my packs that i had alot of seeds of and only 20 that i had a few of. i also recived seeds that had 5-10 seeds in the pack and was more than happy with em thumbup

dodge how ever many packs you send in is how many you will get back, dosnt matter how many seeds are in them. thumbup hope that helps. wink
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 03:58 AM
shocked i sent in love-lies-bleeding last swap, hope it wasnt mine ya got.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 03:59 AM
sibyl,

that helps........
I havent been a seed counter, but will start now. I have lots to get rid of..
Do you list the types you send also? That might help if we dont want re runs..
dodge
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 04:40 AM
you dont have to say what all you send in but you can if you want to, it wont stop any re runs with so many people and seeds that get sent in, but some one might get to put somthing on your list to their wish list thumbup

re runs are good to cause that just means more of a plant i get grinnnn laugh also like a bunch of lets say merigolds are sent in, but theirs diffrent kinds of merigolds so ya get a verity of the same plant.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 05:02 AM
I am in and would also take any cuttings that anyone had to offer. I will take seeds though too! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 12:59 PM
NO CUTTING PLEASE!

By the time they arrive here and sit awhile so I can record who they came from and who they are going to and then get sent on to you their survival rate would be way to low. I'm sorry as I know I would love an epi cutting but it just can't be done. Remember I'll be dealing with over 1000 seed packets over the 7 weeks of the seed exchange.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 01:29 PM
tkhooper

Where do I send my seeds??????

dodge
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 04:09 PM
I don't want anyone to worry about the LLB. smile Getting them was good because I had never seen that flower before and loved it. They could've easily fallen out of the package, it happens. I was just pointing out the disappointment about sending just 5 or 10 seeds and they don't make it that was all. And thank all for your responses last night. I packaged them up and have them all ready to go now. clp clp
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 04:47 PM
kissies

I won't be doing the Spring Fling because I've got enough seeds from the Fall one to keep me busy for awhile. I look forward to doing the one in the Fall again. thumbup flw flw
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 06:36 PM
I think in the spring say april or may,, some one should figure out a wasy to bulk trade plants and cuttings......

Do we hear IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII's?

I should have stuff like that available .. Right now their covered....Snow..
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 07:09 PM
Dodge sent you and pm with my address.

Melcon6 I understand and look forward to seeing you in the Fall. I believe Suzydaze will be handling that one with her usual aplomb. I'm so glad her health has improved.

Calcongirl it's no problem to find out where you got the seeds and see if they have more available. I have some of the miniature purple I think running around here if that might interest you I'll look. I haven't been through my seed box recently so I haven't a clue what I have available right now. I loaned it to a friend to take what she wanted and haven't opened it since.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 07:12 PM
Hey Dodge good luck with the cutting idea. But you might want to try a test run first with that. The reason I say that is we found last year that the international and even some state to state mailings took many weeks. I would hate to see someone end up with a loss of many bulk items especially with the postage being what it is.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 07:32 PM
tkhooper,

Not me .........I was hoping for someone else to do it ......

Maybe Plant queen or some one.. that would have to be USA .only.

b
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 07:49 PM
that wouldnt be much fun leaving out our canada or uk, or any other friends,.
Posted By: ceceharpo Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 08:45 PM
Count me in please Tammy. BTW, for us in Canada, how would you like us to send you the postage? I know our stamps won't work for you sending the seed packs back from the USA to us, and we in Canada can not buy US stamps up here to send to you. Let me know how you'ld like us up here to take care of the cost of the sending of the packages.

I'll in the meantime, get to work sealing up some wee envelopes of seeds for this exchange. I never have many to send, not compared to some others, but I find it always a thrill to receive seeds from another too.

Maybe I'll even get around to sending you my 'wish list' in your personal pm.

Be well all. That time is nearing. Wooo hooo!! Starting my seeds indoor in march helps me get over those last few weeks of 'deep freeze' up here in the north.

Be well, and if you are cold, be warm. smile
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 08:57 PM
sibyl..

Correct.......

Drop it ........

Daaaaaaaaaaaaa meant no offense..

Duh Duh Duh
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 09:01 PM
cece.......

It won"t work......Cause plants and cuttings would be dead......
We arent going to do that ..I forgot out of us ones.

Maybe we can do something different.....Like make one another Easter eggs .. ha ah
crafts..

I am getting little bags ready too..Just found out Husband needs some supper..
;o)
Posted By: kennyso Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 09:33 PM
Neither have I, I find counting seeds could be a pain sometimes...I for those tiny seeds, I use one of those tiny little spoons that they give you to sample ice cream with...one full spoon of small seeds per packet (I washed and sanitized the spoon first...don't worry:D:D:D)
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 09:40 PM
laugh laugh laugh

That's a good idea, Kenny! laugh

I have to get out and get stamps, and a big enough envelope.. laugh laugh lala
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 10:12 PM
kenny

I use the measuring spoon......1/4 of teaspoon....Ha ha.
What happens to large seeds, Like sun flowers, do we use a bucket?

ha ha

clp
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 10:21 PM
laugh laugh

I almost always count the bigger seeds, like Atlantic giant pumpkin, or gourd seeds.... laugh
It's very hard to count smaller ones thumbup laugh
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 11:46 PM
I want in too.... I'll get my seeds together....lol

Originally posted by jmorrrris:
I want to join! Today is my first day on this site and I am having a blast!
Wow! Welcome to the forum JJ... I'm glad to see you jumped right in.....Welcome

Kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 8th, 2007 at 11:52 PM
badplanter
speaking of big things.

DId you get that 6 foot of snow we hear was up there somewhere?
It was maybe 10 degrees here this afternoon..WOw

You keep counting the big things.....

laugh shocked smile
Tk wants you to count lil things.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 9th, 2007 at 12:37 AM
dodge,

yes, I saw that on the news this morning... it's amazing how much!
Posted By: Francine Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 9th, 2007 at 05:26 AM
great idea...a fling is always a fling....as long as it s only a flowerseed fling and not a manseed fling laugh nutz (sorry ,i m tired and it s late...BUT I M IN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Franny
xoxo
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 9th, 2007 at 01:17 PM
I dont understand the rouund robin part to this ..
That was a different type of seed jobber.
Round Robin is listed differently somewhere.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 9th, 2007 at 02:55 PM
Maybe your thinking of the Seed Tag down in Garden Chat.

Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exhange is just a name.

I hope you all enjoy it. We currently have 23 members signed up for the Fling so it looks like it's going to be a good one.

Hope everyone is having a good day. And keep sorting those seeds lol.

I don't count all the small seeds contrary to roomer. Sometimes I will count out one group of 25 and then estimate the rest based on what the first group looks like. I try to err on the side of generousity. And of course some flowers produce so many seeds that I seed much larger amounts. We just set a minimum so no one is disappointed.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 9th, 2007 at 04:05 PM
tammy i think the minimum is also good cause not every one has the space for to many seeds.

franny! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 9th, 2007 at 07:06 PM
Well this thing was something like they send one box out...
You receive it an take out what you want, then you put back the same amount.. and Move it on to someone else..
I thought this was it ..ha ha

I didn't like that one.
I always send more than needed when I put mine out..They order one pkt......i give 6.. May as well fill the envelope..
And we are making someone else happy to have more.

Right....
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 03:20 AM
Tammy, would you like us to PM you a list of what we're sending in so you can plan for it? Would you like an inventory list included with the seeds when we send them? Obviously you would do your own inventory but if it would help you out, I'd be happy to pm you mine when I get it ready to go out.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 10:21 AM
Hi Sibyl, Yes that's true for me as well. My gardening space is almost non existant this year lol.

Hey Dodge, Yes this exchange is very different from that. I hope you like it more.

Hey LandofOz, And inventory list isn't necessary but thankyou for the offer. The wishlists are much more useful. Sounds strange doesn't it? But it's true. At least it was last year.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 01:47 PM
tkhooper

You are going to be soooooooooooooo
busy..

thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 03:28 PM
dogee your gonna be so happy with this! tammy dose a great job! its like chistmas! i got seeds from the last one i never thought about askin for and wanted, and seeds i never even hred of, looked em up and they were wonderful!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 03:31 PM
Good Morning All,

Mocha260, your seeds arrived first and already filled one request on someones wishlist. So we are off to a rousing start.

Doesn't anyone else need my address?
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 03:36 PM
sibyl........

Great I hope to put my bag out monday..
how many did you put in ?

Around?
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
mocha2

Hipp hip hooray........More more more.

;o)
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 05:31 PM
I'll have my seeds out by this time next week... I won't be able to go out until then... kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 06:15 PM
I'm getting ready to package up my seeds today! wavey
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 10th, 2007 at 07:29 PM
I finally got my little plastic bags and should be ready by monday.....
Have 2 more things to mail .. To 2 lady friends.
Lil niece selling magazine,
and a friend loved my stickers, so I bought her 5 pkts......(I owe ) her stuff.

Won't take long to get to Tk......in virginia.. I hope.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 11th, 2007 at 01:24 PM
Looking good all.

Remember you can pm me your wishlist if you want to. I really appreciate getting them. It saves ware on my old brain box lol.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 11th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
tk

Monday is Lincoln's birtday.....no mail..
I guess I will mail tuesday.............

We forgot.
Then Ole george has one after that..
;o(
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 06:32 AM
Darn about the PO being closed Monday! I have mine to go out tomorrow (30 +/- packs) and Monday night we're due to get between 6-12" of snow! They might not leave the city until Wed or Thurs.!

Tammy, with all the overachievers, maybe you should make the cut off FEB 23, not Mar 23! That's 11 days from now.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 07:47 AM
im only half way done44 pks, some of the seeds i have lots of have alittle more than 20 and seeds i only have a few of exactly 20.

my printer ran out of ink again! so gotta do em by hand again! and the gluestick ran out of glue :rolleyes:
laugh i did grab the chapstick thinking it was the gluestick a few times! laugh perpl
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 09:00 AM
March 23rd will be soon enough. Many of us can't transplant outside until well into spring so there is plenty of time to use the seeds this year with that closing date.

Hopefully the snow will hold off long enough for you to get your seeds in the mail.

I look forward to getting all the seeds in and organized.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 02:47 PM
Tammy...tkhooper,

My seeds went out this morning's mail.
Keep an eye ball out for the brown bag.
I put Lavels .
stamps
and seeds inside..
I emailed my wish list.. Did you receive that>

Dodge
aka barb

I WAS WRONG THE POST OFFICE IS OPEN TODAY.
SORRY LADIES........... kissies
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 02:50 PM
LOZ,,,

Jeff Gorden????????????? Yesterday , me thinks he was holding a can of BUD while the camera was on him......
The camera went right to his hand and he hung tight to it.. Before he raced.
Hope being a daddy (July) isnt getting to him.
He came in 7, and Johnson 10 I think.

wavey
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 02:56 PM
tkhooper.....

Another question.....
What if the envelope and seeds you send back are heavier???????

I used mostly clear little plastic envelopes.
I will send more stamps if it requires more than I sent.

DId this sound right??????????

Winter dead brain.

;o)
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 03:02 PM
Some of my packets[with very large seeds in them] are large, so i'll have to send them seperatley..
Which means, most likely expect two envelopes from me laugh laugh
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 03:17 PM
I'm so jealous everyone is getting their packets ready! I'm still waiting on any of the 3 seed orders I placed to show up, so I can put in some of the extras. I don't know why it's taking these people so long to mail out seeds...
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 03:47 PM
when did ya order them? it usaly takes a couple weeks, im only half way done with mine grinnnn
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 04:01 PM
I ordered from valueseeds about 3 weeks ago, from parks about a week ago, and t&m the end of last week. I know I'm being pretty impatient, but the parks website just says that my order is "in stock". Well, go grab it and ship it!!
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 04:24 PM
Landof Oz..
You poor dear,

It is only 12th......I am sure tammy will wait on you.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 05:07 PM
Well, the deadline is March 23rd, so if those seeds aren't here by then, those companies will be hearing from me!! lol
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 05:48 PM
im shure they'll get to ya by march. we still got lots of time wink
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 06:15 PM
Received seeds from Tabbie today. Lots of good veggie seeds. Some I haven't seen before. I'll do my best to make your wishes come true. One question. When you said no basil did you mean any of the basils or just no sweet basil? I do have some cinnamon basil in the exchange.

Even if some seeds are heavier than others there usually isn't enough difference postage wise.

Plus I still have some postage left over from the last Fall Fling so I don't anticipate any problems. But I promise to holler if I do lol.

Mark if you haven't sent them off yet you might want to consider just getting a bigger envelope. That's usually cheaper than two envelopes. At least that's what I've found.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 06:29 PM
I think we should close this one and start a new one. How does that sound to everyone?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange - February 12th, 2007 at 06:30 PM
I ordered from valueseeds about 3 weeks ago,
I got mine from there a few days ago and I'd ordered them about 2 weeks ago...hang in there I bet they'll be there any minute now.

I packaged all my seeds up last night and got them ready to send in, now I just have to think of a few things I'd like. thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]