A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: comfrey Garden Planning..HELP - January 26th, 2007 at 02:51 AM
I have a program that I can plot my garden with, Only problem is I finished it days ago and never put labels on the symbols I used for the plant placements. I can identify Tomatoes, Peppers (hot & sweet), onions, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, okra, beans & potatoes. But there is one place where I have 5 plants that take up 21 feet of row and three foot wide area....I have no clue Duh what I had planned for that area. mad

Not squash, lettuce, radish or eggplant. Anyone have any ideas as to what I might have been planning for that area or what might fit into that area???? shocked I can't believe I do not remember. shk
Posted By: markr Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 12:31 AM
the only thing i would plant anywhere near that spacing, is brassica's, courgettes-marrow Duh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 01:08 AM
Pumpkins, gourds, or corn?????????
Posted By: badplanter Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 01:09 AM
celery? pumpkin? gourds? herbs?

I'm out of ideas.. laugh laugh

--Mark--
Posted By: comfrey Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 02:22 AM
I have been thinking about this all day...I might have been thinking eggplant...or maybe a place for sunflowers, But it is really driving me crazy that I can't remember what it is I had in mind at the time. It could have been herbs though, but don't think so I plant most of those in my flower beds. Any way I guess I have some spare space I can fill up with something...maybe an extra couple of tomato plants laugh laugh laugh Maybe cabbage, but don't think so. So probable it was sunflowers, but I have already planned to plant them along the back fence, I will use the space for something. Eggplant sounds good and would fit there..just not sure.
Posted By: Longy Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 06:58 PM
there is one place where I have 5 plants that take up 21 feet of row and three foot wide area.
++++++++++++++++++++++++\

5 plants to fit in 21' x 3'. That's one every 4' so it must be a pretty big plant to fill that space. 1 plant to 3' x 4'. That's as big as a tomato bush so it's obviously not something small like 5 radishes....Maybe a different type of tomato?
Posted By: comfrey Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Longy:
Maybe a different type of tomato?
Now that is a real possibility, because I had to shorten two tomato rows because of the garden gate is in that area and I wanted to leave enough room for the wheel barrow & tiller to get inside the garden easily and be able to turn the wheel barrow without worry about damage to plants. thumbup thumbup Ok sounds about right Thank You so much for thinking about this!!!!
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 27th, 2007 at 09:27 PM
What program are you using?
Posted By: comfrey Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 28th, 2007 at 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Amigatec:
What program are you using?
Its called garden planner, you can add labels/text, but I didn't do that as I was sure I would know what and where for everything I placed on the plot graph.
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Garden Planning..HELP - January 28th, 2007 at 01:25 PM
Thanks I will check it out.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]