A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: njoynit unknown& inbloom - September 21st, 2006 at 09:02 PM
I thought was some kind of foliage plant.Never knew what it was.Then seen it had flowers!The flowers make me think salvia....lolBut sure not salvia foliage...lol
stems are purple.It got stuck in birdbath cause was ants that just thought it was the greatest thing!
so what is it? I know it can't take full sun cause SIL burned hers up in ground in full sun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: unknown& inbloom - September 21st, 2006 at 09:15 PM
Is it Creeping Charlie?

Creeping Charlie

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: unknown& inbloom - September 21st, 2006 at 11:49 PM
swedish ivy
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: unknown& inbloom - September 22nd, 2006 at 12:59 AM
I second Swedish Ivy thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: unknown& inbloom - September 22nd, 2006 at 01:37 AM
My neighbors have a pot of it on their porch and they refer to it as Swedish Ivy too.
Posted By: passiflora Re: unknown& inbloom - September 22nd, 2006 at 03:43 AM
we always called it a creeping charlie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: unknown& inbloom - September 22nd, 2006 at 04:56 AM
it looks similar to creeping charlie - definitely not the same thing tho!

creeping charlie is a lawn weed (it does have it's redeeming qualities tho...has a nice purple flower in the spring laugh )
[Linked Image]
Posted By: njoynit Re: unknown& inbloom - September 23rd, 2006 at 09:02 AM
I learned while at Livingston walmart that it was sweddish ivy.They had a large pot with a mix of other plants.It listed the plants on tag& I knew what all the others were.they used cladiums/pothos/spider air plant/pentas/dracea with purple leafs.was neat,but I'd not pay $21.....and that was on clearance from $35.wasn't even a pretty pot.was just a plain jane nursery pot. I DID buy a peach kalonchoe grinnnn

THANKS!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]