A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wild Willy Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 21st, 2004 at 06:28 PM
[Linked Image from thegardenhelper.com]
The Scavenger Hunt, Part 4

I wandered into the woods on a scavenger hunt one day, in search of materials to repair my small arbor that was damaged in a storm...

Somehow, I got carried away... and this was the result!

The narrow end of the structure is 7 feet wide and 8 feet high.
The wide end is 26 feet wide and 10 feet high.
The east side is 34 feet long.
The west side is 30 feet long.
The ridge beam is a 34 foot Douglas Fir. (8 inches on the skinny end, 12 inches on the stump end)

There are no calculated angles, but I used a laser to set all the beam heights and a level to set the posts straight and plumb. Everything else was done on a one piece at a time plan.

I'm not sure what to call this "thing". Was it still an arbor? Gazebo... pergola.... pavillion?
Perhaps it would be best to just call it my Living Room!

To be continued...... next time I'll show you interior views and plants!

Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 21st, 2004 at 07:46 PM
Absolutely Fan~tab~u~lous!!!! wavey
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 21st, 2004 at 07:49 PM
I still can't believe you did all that construction YOURSELF!!!! WOW!!!! thumbup thumbup muggs
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 22nd, 2004 at 05:52 AM
Bill you did a fantastic job on your living room..... thumbup

Looks like a nice peaceful place to sit and think...... smile
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 25th, 2004 at 07:19 AM
you got alot of talent bill, no wonder you call it your living room, who wouldnt want to live there thumbup great job!
wink sibyl
Posted By: apples Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 28th, 2004 at 06:51 AM
I'm drooling!
I wish I had a forest!! :p My freind wants to build a little retreat in the forest behind his house because the bulk housing companies are already going to rip it all out in about four years. I think I've got some more inspiration cause of that thing! I'm going to do some guerilla gardening too grinnnn
I love those log formations in the front veiw!!
Quite peacefull. I bet all those people driving by looking at you funny don't know what to say now gab
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 28th, 2004 at 11:20 PM
Just who is "Bill"? Duh
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:27 AM
I've seen a pix of some muscles!!!! shocked ...but is that REALLY BILL????? Duh We will NEVER know for sure!!!! lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:38 AM
Hmmmmmmmm............. nutz
Posted By: shadow Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:39 AM
I've heard rumors that someone here met him once upon a time, but I don't think he really exists! idea
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:39 AM
but I don't think he really exists!
I'm beginning to wonder..... nutz
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:41 AM
Afgreyparrot's curiosity rose... Duh
And, is Bill really REAL?" shk
...she thinks only the "shadow" knows! lala
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:46 AM
[Linked Image]
Wow..... I do all the work and that Bill guy gets all the credit!
... I've seen him. He's a troll!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 01:49 AM
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 09:39 PM
I'm really real!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: apples Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 11:01 PM
It's that magic kalidascope font again! grinnnn
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 29th, 2004 at 11:45 PM
And what year was that picture taken Bill?
How old are you in that pix???? grinnnn kit smile
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 30th, 2004 at 12:11 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... :p
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 30th, 2004 at 12:15 AM
laugh laugh laugh grinnnn kit smile
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 30th, 2004 at 02:09 AM
Could "Bill" be an alien, and are we just his "subjects" that he inspires by some form of wierd telepathy via this forum, like an experiment? Duh

...implanting subliminal messages into our brains every time we look into the eyes of the Graemlins! sca
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 05:41 AM
ever see the old show [ charlies angels? ]
were all bills gardeners [saving all the plants] & he tells us how to save em by computers! laugh [ too many of us to use speaker phones laugh oh well, thats what i thought of wink
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 06:02 AM
Cindy,
[are we just his "subjects" that he inspires by some form of wierd telepathy via this forum, like an experiment] laugh
sca & were growing all his fuchure army plants to take over the world! shk hes just waiting to get enough plants so the G,M,O's can mix the plant genes with human genes!! then were all domed! eek laugh laugh
Posted By: shadow Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 06:13 AM
..... mwahahahaha.... ONLY the Shadow knows the real truth behind the mystery, and he'll never, ever tell!!! dev
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 01:33 PM
Subliminal Messages
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 05:52 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 06:01 PM
Hmmm Cindy...mysterious forces are turning your picture into a box with a red x kit
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 06:44 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh
Ohhhh Cindy that was a great one!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 1st, 2004 at 09:17 PM
ROFL!!!!! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 2nd, 2004 at 06:02 AM
Cindy, that was SUCH a good one.... Duh grinnnn .....maybe you are really a form of alien life that is communicating with us for fun from another planet.... :p
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 2nd, 2004 at 06:42 AM
laugh Cindy laugh
laugh that was a good one! laugh , i got tears! eek laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 3rd, 2004 at 04:55 PM
Well.....Bill laughed!
thumbup laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 3rd, 2004 at 05:03 PM
I enjoyed seeing what you did to my pix and got a good laugh out of it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're out of danger!
hehehehehe! dev
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 3rd, 2004 at 07:18 PM
laugh

sca

gab
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 5th, 2004 at 11:09 PM
sca (.....and afgrey hides!) sca
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 03:44 AM
It's nice to know that you think you can hide from me! It makes you so much more vulnerable.... Little do you know, what fate awaits! dev
(Haven't you wondered why you haven't seen Jiffymouse, Catlover, or Flower here lately?) Mwa Ha Ha!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 04:24 AM
sca

Uhhh...you aren't gonna *poof* me, are you? sca
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 04:28 AM
Good Grief, NO!
What would be the fun in that? laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 04:32 AM
What have you done with Jiffymouse, Catlover and Flower????? sca
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 04:40 AM
I invoke my rights under the fifth amendment!

Beware of what the future may bring!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 04:46 AM
PLEASE release them! ters
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 04:53 AM
What makes you think they WANT to be released? frown
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 05:05 AM
shk

Oooooh! lala
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 02:43 PM
laugh laugh grinnnn
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 08:45 PM
laugh laugh
[Linked Image] shocked
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 08:52 PM
Bill's quote:
One of these days....
Ohhhh Cindy....watch out ....it will happen when you are L E A S T expecting it!!!! kit
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 09:12 PM
Where's Jiffy and Flower?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 6th, 2004 at 09:25 PM
....it will happen when you are L E A S T expecting it!!!!
sca
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 02:43 AM
Cindy....it could be a year from now....
J U S T....R E L A X!!!!!(big yawn) kit
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 02:58 AM
Cindy,
Better make a new picture to get back into his good graces!!! And see if that'll work!!!! wink

Weezie
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 04:18 AM
laugh ya all are too much! laugh

and whens are next adventure??????????????????????
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 03:41 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 07:19 PM
Does that mean I'm safe from retaliation now??? Duh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 07:24 PM
laugh kissies

Great Job Cindy!! gab
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 08:02 PM
Duh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 7th, 2004 at 08:08 PM
oops, i forgot to add..........
eek eek eek i wanna see more! eek eek grinnnn
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 8th, 2004 at 12:05 AM
What would you like to see more of Sibyl? More photos of the Living Room? or something else?

I always have a project or two going on, but nothing that's ready to show yet...... Right now, those projects are on hold because it's that time of the year when we Gnomes have to spend our time getting next winter's wood supply, so that's keeping me pretty busy. (It gets mighty cold and drafty in my hollow log in January!)

I suppose I could find a few pictures of past projects... perhaps... maybe...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 8th, 2004 at 12:11 AM
Oh... and uhhhhhh Cindy...

Naw... I'd better not say anything because I don't want HIM going after me too! sca
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 8th, 2004 at 12:48 AM
Sounds like you don't trust him, either.

Guess that little gesture of "Peace" is just a smoke screen, huh?
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 8th, 2004 at 01:24 AM
Bill,
thumbup gives me little ideas for my woodsey corner. wink
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 8th, 2004 at 02:25 AM
oops...PLEEEAAASSSEEE! smile

if Wild Willy gets cold he can come & stay in my gnome castle anytime! Duh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 9th, 2004 at 07:01 PM
kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 9th, 2004 at 08:21 PM
the "truth" about bill
Hmmm......... nutz
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 9th, 2004 at 09:58 PM
Remember Jiffy,
YOU WERE SWORN TO SECRETACY!!!!!!!

Remember what happened to that last hostess??? dev

laugh laugh

:p
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 11th, 2004 at 06:21 AM
yep Cindy your right!
the other day i tried to go to hostress lounge,{thought it was forum telling us bout our hostesses so we could get to know em} & it said Duh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 11th, 2004 at 02:18 PM
Gee.....I wonder what they say in there about ME? shk
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 12th, 2004 at 05:32 AM
Cindy, i bet they say your a trip! laugh

hey Wild Willy check out my pic. now mind you, i just threw it together in the pic. still doing work to it.
http://photobucket.com
Posted By: Nako Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - June 22nd, 2004 at 05:39 PM
Wow, i just read the rest of this thread... You guys are weeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrd nutz

*hides*
Posted By: Sue Z Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 9th, 2005 at 07:08 PM
MAHVALUS' DAHLING ... absolutely mahvalius'!!!! wavey
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 16th, 2005 at 11:28 PM
Love it, love it, love it,

Great series, Can't wait to see the new projects bill is working on. lala I was tempted to try to look in the hostesses lounge but I remembered that old saying about easedroppers so I didn't. lol
lala
Posted By: Sue Z Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 17th, 2005 at 06:04 PM
"Great series, Can't wait to see the new projects bill is working on."

Oh, I definitely second THAT emotion!!!! wavey
Posted By: catlover Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 18th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
WARNING....WARNING!!!!! Thoughts of entering hostess lounge are grounds for poofage!!!

This is what happened to the last person.
[Linked Image]

Just kidding. Tee hee hee!!! wavey
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 18th, 2005 at 06:40 AM
Don't worry Karen,
I have my [Linked Image] on them!!!!! grinnnn

Weezie
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 18th, 2005 at 01:06 PM
I tried to find some kind of creeping smilie to add to this post followed by one being hammered but couldn't find one. And of course what I down loaded killed my internet program so I had to reinstall it. Guess I will stay far far away from hostess lounge lol.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 18th, 2005 at 04:22 PM
Guess I will stay far far away from hostess lounge lol.
No kidding! sca

Thoughts of entering hostess lounge are grounds for poofage!!!
Here's what came up on my screen when I just THOUGHT about it! shk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Imagine what would have happened if I'd actually tried to click the link!

shk
Posted By: Sue Z Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 18th, 2005 at 04:39 PM
Be careful there tk ... wavey
Posted By: phoenix Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 20th, 2005 at 11:07 PM
we need some more stuff from W.W. grinnnn grinnnn laugh
Posted By: phoenix Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 20th, 2005 at 11:11 PM
i know he must be helping bill with the forum upgrade, but what was he doing before that?
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 21st, 2005 at 07:52 PM
Mostly I've been pulling weeds and cleaning up the gardens...
I added planting areas outside the walls of Hummingbird House and installed a rainbow making weather machine inside of it.
I transplanted a lot of plants from the other gardens into the new beds.

After we get the site moved, Bill said I have to show you some of the other gardens around here.... wavey
Posted By: phoenix Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 23rd, 2005 at 04:12 PM
a rainbow making weather machine
THAT sounds thumbup really neat.
i can't wait to see the other gardens. the pictures i have seen so far make me want to move to washington grinnnn what exactally is a rainbow making weather machine? (besides the obvious wink )
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 23rd, 2005 at 04:53 PM
what exactally is a rainbow making weather machine?
I was wondering if anyone would catch that!

A long time ago, someone mentioned that they had a misting system in their Hummingbird garden and the Hummers loved to play in the mist. When I saw one on sale one day I decided that it was a necessity for Hummingbird House!

It consists of sixty feet of hose that is attached to the roof, and controlled by a timer. Every two feet there is a misting nozzle which puts out a very, very fine spray.
[Linked Image]

The system works very well for watering (light rain) the plants, but when the conditions are right, I've also been able to temporarily create a thick fog. (nof fog pix yet...) When the sun is shining just right, I also get to enjoy my own personal Rainbow!
It's much more visible to the naked eye but if you look closely you can see it towards the back of Hummingbird House.... grinnnn

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fernie Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 23rd, 2005 at 05:03 PM
how gorgeous! I have been wondering when wild Willie was going to share again. Glad to see you are getting ready to help him.
Posted By: phoenix Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - May 23rd, 2005 at 05:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone would catch that!
"sometimes it just takes a fairy" laugh laugh ah aha ha ha ha ha ha
that is a GREAT idea!!! i so wish i had the space in my yard to do those types of things thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - September 2nd, 2005 at 08:04 AM
I sure would like to see a 2005 photo of Hummingbird House.

Please.

Cindy
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 25th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
[Linked Image]
laugh laugh laugh
i should post this in banter hall and ask Cindy if she remembers!
just think, she knows alllllll the secrets in hostess lounge now! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 25th, 2006 at 12:34 PM
shk what happend to the dog that was in the pictchure?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 27th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Originally posted by sibyl:
[Linked Image]
laugh
i should post this in banter hall and ask Cindy if she remembers!
just think, she knows alllllll the secrets in hostess lounge now! laugh
Scarey thought, isn't it? laugh shk

I just took him out of the picture...I didn't harm him in any way!
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 27th, 2006 at 01:15 AM
laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 29th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
I just took him out of the picture...I didn't harm him in any way!
Yeah, but she gave Bill a stump for a hand... shk shk
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 29th, 2006 at 10:37 AM
I was trying to hide the purple glove he had on in the original picture.

But, if you insist...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - October 29th, 2006 at 11:15 AM
heheheheeheehe, that's a goooooood one!!! thumbup wink laugh clp
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - November 5th, 2006 at 12:32 AM
laugh Weezie. i didnt notice the stumped hand! laugh
thumbup purple glove looks good! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - November 5th, 2006 at 10:33 AM
Originally posted by weezie13:
Yeah, but she gave Bill a stump for a hand...
Weezie. i didnt notice the stumped hand!
Come on...give me a BREAK here! laugh

I made the dog disappear, had to replace the carpet and wallpaper and Bill's left leg where the dog used to be, constructed a book.....and forgot to give him a hand! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - November 5th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
laugh laugh laugh 2 months!!!! No wonder you're the problem child! p

I never noticed the stump of a hand shk .....that is Bills right hand, he might need that for various things.... laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - November 5th, 2006 at 11:58 PM
laugh Weezie. i didnt notice the stumped hand!
Originally posted by loz:
I never noticed the stump of a hand thumbup
sca
Posted By: sibyl Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - November 17th, 2006 at 02:16 PM
kissies thumbup VERY COOL! thumbup
Posted By: datazmom Re: Episode #11.... Scavenger Hunt part 4 - March 8th, 2007 at 04:37 PM
Hey wild willy , When you get the other projects done I look forward to looking at some pics . Your humming bird house is so cool . I just love it . Soon the weather will warm and you and the little guys can get out there and get some more done and the little hummers will be back to grace your house . I can not wait .
Have a great day and keep up the good work .
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]