A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wild Willy Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 08:22 AM
It's amazing what you stumble across at garage sales sometimes. My newest yard ornament was originally at a 1950's "themed" drive in restaurant on US Highway 2.
The blade turns freely in a slight breeze.
It stands 7 feet to the roof peak and 10 feet to the top of the blade. A door opens in the back to facilitate garden tool storage or possibly little visitors who show up at Cedar Hill now and then.....

(The Willy in the photo is 12 inches tall)

Tell me... HOW COOL IS THIS????? grinnnn

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 08:29 AM
That is freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! muggs clp
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 08:39 AM
I have to repair some of the trim and do a little touch up painting but I'm leaving the original paint job.
When I saw it at the sale I HAD to have it! (and it was only $200) clp
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
That is so COOL!!!!!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 09:20 AM
I wanna come play! eek laugh
Posted By: julie10008 Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
What fun yard art!
Posted By: Triss Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 11:20 AM
That is just the coolest thing! I know my "little visitors" are going to get a kick out of it the next time we come up.
Posted By: Patty S Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 12th, 2006 at 11:35 AM
WHAT the heck is that thing for?! [Linked Image] Is that poor gnome trapped up there on that wrap-around deck? shk ...WHERE'S THE DOOR?
(Looks like a feature for the 7th hole!) [Linked Image] Hey Willy, ask Bill if he has a place where you can Build a Mini Putt! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 16th, 2006 at 08:38 PM
thumbup i like it. i would have one, if i could!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 16th, 2006 at 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Patty S:
Hey Willy, ask Bill if he has a place where you can Build a Mini Putt!
Nowwwwwwwww that would be a neat idea....
We go play at a person's house *the Boyscout troop goes* that bought an old putt~putt set~up..
It is soooo much fun...
You could landscape fun stuff *low maintainance stuff* inside the game...

Orrrrrrrrr you could put a mini~pond by it and make it look like the ocean and that it's looking out on the ocean..

*Justttt some ideas* thumbup cool
Posted By: G~mom Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 19th, 2006 at 07:27 PM
Awesomely cool!!!

I LOVE IT thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 19th, 2006 at 08:58 PM
That is so cool....LOVE it!!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 21st, 2006 at 08:26 PM
Ooh a pond/ocean out front and dutch bulbs all around for spring....
Posted By: Tonya Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 22nd, 2006 at 11:47 PM
That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!!!

I also think a really cool putt-putt spot is a great idea! thumbup
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 27th, 2006 at 12:13 AM
WHAT the heck is that thing for?! [Linked Image]
I have NO IDEA, but somehow I KNOW that it will be the cause of a lot of work when I finally figure it out!

...WHERE'S THE DOOR?
In the back!

Hey Willy, ask Bill if he has a place where you can Build a Mini Putt!
How about if he just sets up a wild and wicked Croquet Course?

Ooh a pond/ocean out front
shk No........ nutz

and dutch bulbs all around for spring....
SEE! I KNEW that thing was going to make work for me.... laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - September 27th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
That would look great out in the lawn where you have set up the croquet set before. And instead of overlooking an "ocean", it can overlook the field of green, gazing down upon the Bus Stop. It would also look nice in the Rody forest.
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 21st, 2006 at 11:01 PM
Last Thursday, my Wonderful Wind Machine suddenly and unexpectedly shifted into high gear and began spinning at approximately mach 7. shk
For the next 24 hours, it created havoc throughout the state of Washington. I sincerely apologise to the 1,000,000 folks who spent the last week in the dark! shocked

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 21st, 2006 at 11:04 PM
shk

Are you okay?

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 21st, 2006 at 11:12 PM
Wow! shk

That wind machine is a dangerous weapon! lala
Posted By: Triss Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 22nd, 2006 at 01:15 AM
All those trees down. You all sure had it bad up there. Is that the main road headed up to your place?

Those trees are way to close to your house. Glad you made it through safe!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 22nd, 2006 at 02:39 AM
So THAT'S where that new Willy came from that landed in my yard! grinnnn

(I'll send him home on a bus, Bill...he said he didn't like flying.)
Posted By: netty Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 22nd, 2006 at 04:24 AM
Holy wind Willy! That windstorm made the news here in Ontario. Hope you made it through OK. Looks like you lost a lot of trees.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - January 3rd, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Wild Willy..., WOW I'll bet that was a little scarey!!! kissies
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - January 14th, 2007 at 10:56 PM
When are we going to get more stories of Wild Willy's Misaventures??? And pics????
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - January 15th, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Shirley4:
When are we going to get more stories of Wild Willy's Misaventures??? And pics????
I don't have a camera anymore, so it may be a while... shocked
Posted By: Triss Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - January 15th, 2007 at 12:20 AM
No camera? What happened to it?
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - January 15th, 2007 at 12:29 AM
My Casio finally died so I bought a Canon. The Canon was a piece of garbage so I did what you do with garbage. I threw it in the trash can! mad
Posted By: Triss Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - January 15th, 2007 at 12:38 AM
Well dang, that sure is not good. Hope you get a new one soon!
Posted By: datazmom Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - March 8th, 2007 at 04:03 PM
Way to go Willy . Love it . Keep up the good work .
Posted By: Bill Re: Episode #26... Wild Willy's Wonderful Wind Machine - December 27th, 2009 at 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Shirley4:
teech Soon!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]