This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99987 March 3rd, 2007 at 10:24 PM
OP Offline
wavey

I started most of my veggies today! thumbup

--Mark--

#99988 March 3rd, 2007 at 10:44 PM
Wow! That was a lot of work. Hope it all grows good for you. Can't wait to see pics of your garden later in the year. thumbup

I started my blue and mixed columbine, and the cinnamon basil yesterday! Hope they know how to come up!! laugh laugh

#99989 March 4th, 2007 at 12:22 AM
I planted mint today, one chocolate mint and one that's labelled "Mint Julep".
The latter is like a stronger version of spearmint, but has oval and thicker leaves.
The cherry tomatoes are growing but slowly-it's been chilly here.
One zucchini is up and still in its Jiffy pot.

#99990 March 4th, 2007 at 12:23 AM
Mark, tumbler? Is that the one that's advertised as a hanging patio tomato?
SAVE ME seeds PLEASE !!! wavey

#99991 March 4th, 2007 at 01:56 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Deborah L.:
Mark, tumbler? Is that the one that's advertised as a hanging patio tomato?
SAVE ME seeds PLEASE !!! wavey
Yes, it is! thumbup

I found them today, and HAD to pick them up... laugh

#99992 March 4th, 2007 at 09:34 PM
HI Mark, you have been busy. Its still too cold in the UK, but im itching to get my spring garden up, Ive veg and flower seeds to plant. Hope you soon see signs of new shoots. kissies

#99993 March 5th, 2007 at 03:55 AM
Mark....Are you sure you didn't start a little too soon...starting your plants? I started some tomato seeds today, and plan on May 1st set out date...and I am a little early starting mine, Tomatoes & peppers should be started 6-8 weeks before set out time. I hope you are going to be able to provide ALOT of light for the next couple of months for all those seedlings. Good Luck!!!

#99994 March 6th, 2007 at 12:57 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I did that last year. Started my tomatoes and peppers to early. So I was dealing with 3 foot tall plants when it was time to begin hardening them off. What a mess carrying those things in and out of the apartment. Fortunately the tomatoes could be topped when they broke. The peppers did not fair at all well. And the crop was disappointing. But live and learn. I started them at the right time this year and the tomatoes are just a couple of inches high at this point but they are looking good. Very healthy. The peppers haven't come up yet which is fine. I don't have a warming tray so it takes them about 30 days to sprout. But they grow like the dickens after that.

#99995 March 7th, 2007 at 12:38 AM
OP Offline
comfrey.. I was afraid about starting too early..

I don't think I'm starting too early, I think I'm setting them out very late... my last frost date is April 15th...

I think I should set them outside sooner.. kissies

#99996 March 10th, 2007 at 08:49 PM
Mark, are any seeds up yet?

#99997 March 10th, 2007 at 10:37 PM
OP Offline
wavey

I have sprouts of [tons of]snapdragons[i planted too many] laugh , blanket flower, lavender, and a few tomatoes are just starting to poke their heads up...

I started more flowers today--don't remember what..

What will be interesting is the fact that I forgot to label all my tomato plants... I dunno what's what! laugh laugh lala

#99998 March 10th, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Awesome ! So what about not labeling-sometimes it's more fun being surprised ! thumbup

#99999 March 10th, 2007 at 11:13 PM
OP Offline
Everything else is labeled.. 'cept the toms laugh

I stared[if I rember correctly]:
lupines
Hollyhock
columbines
bachelor buttons
alyssum
coneflower
and other stuff too.. which I can't remmber..
I didn't start many of each[of the flowers], i'll just put the seeds in the ground next month or so, so i'll have some early bloomers, and some a little later thumbup

#100000 March 11th, 2007 at 12:32 AM
Mark, all of my seeds I started in my tabletop greenhouse are up and so beautiful!! I love starting seeds. At least mine won't be going outside as I have no outside! eek But will be nice having flowers in the apartment grinnnn
Hope everything grows well for you.

#100001 March 17th, 2007 at 11:53 AM
W
W
Finally shook the dust off my green thumb and went to a new garden store on wednesday, they carry a couple different brands of organic seeds, plus other mfgrs, not cheap by any means but when I saw the often hyped 'brandywine' packet it went into the basket right quick.

Yesterday I made a point of tiring out the kids outside to gaurantee a long nap, after they were taken care of, brought in my collection of potting stuff and searched for pie tins, old tupperware, and a cleaning caddy, to act as water catch basins under the various sized pots. Then came the planting of seeds:

Botanical Interests seeds;
Tomatoes: Brandywine pole, Beefsteak pole, San Marzano, Yellow Pear cherry, Celebrity bush.
Other plants:
California Wonder peppers, Muskmelon jumbo, Broccoli Raab Rapini heirloom, Cauliflower purple heirlooom, Eggplant black beauty.
Fruit plants, some from Holland:
Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries-Jersey, Grapes-concord,white,red.

seeds saved from dried fruit/veggies last year, see what comes up this year:
Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Apple-MacIntosh, Plum, Apricot.

I had everything potted, extra stuff put back outside, and was just finishing cleaning the counter/sink in the kitchen when my wife drove up the driveway, whew. Now everything is up in my room where there is window to the east and another to the south so they will get good sunlight, and be around 70-72* by day and lower 60*'s by night.

#100002 March 17th, 2007 at 12:09 PM
W
W
Forgot to add the whole list of stuff going in the ground outside this weekend; peas, carrots, radishes, chards, asparagus, rutabegas, kohlrabi.

I think that's all for now, what can I grow to help my memory??

Link Copied to Clipboard