This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9949 December 22nd, 2003 at 09:46 PM
B
brian Offline OP
OP Offline
B
A friend of mine has sent me a bundle of these flowers, about 20. They are cut off at the ends, about a foot of actual stem I guess, until it begins to turn into the more leafy, "flower" part at the top. They are slightly brown, but for the most part do not look as though they've begun to open up. I would like to try and save them, but have no idea where to start as far as trimming, how many to put in one pot, etc...If anyone can advise me, I would appreciate it. I'm fairly new to the flower care business. Thanks. Brian

#9950 December 25th, 2003 at 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian,

Are you trying to extend the life of the cut flowers or are you trying to propagate them?

Will Creed

#9951 December 27th, 2003 at 03:07 AM
B
brian Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Will,
Thanks for responding. I did just want to try to extend the life of the flowers he sent me. Some had not even opened up. A few other people have seen them, and we have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to save them. They are quite brown, and just couldn't survive the trip over to the high altitude; I'm in CO. But that's alright. I'm moving to CA soon anyway so I'll get some there. Thanks again, and have a great New Year's. Brian

Originally posted by Will Creed:
Brian,

Are you trying to extend the life of the cut flowers or are you trying to propagate them?

Will Creed

#9952 December 27th, 2003 at 03:33 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Brian where in California are you planning to move?

Yeppie Weezie there is going to be another Californian!

When is the move scheduled?
wavey

#9953 December 30th, 2003 at 04:53 AM
B
brian Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't have a firm date on the move yet. It will be out to LA to pursue tv and film. I was out there in October checking things out and it was awesome. Besides that, I've got to get back to the water!!
Originally posted by catlover:
Brian where in California are you planning to move?

Yeppie Weezie there is going to be another Californian!

When is the move scheduled?
wavey

#9954 December 30th, 2003 at 04:58 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Keep us updated on your progress...move, acting, music, ocean experiences!!!!! Do you surf? or just like the beach life?

#9955 December 30th, 2003 at 09:19 PM
B
brian Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have never surfed but I plan on trying it. I know it's not easy, but it looks like so much fun. I'm a skinny, pale white dude, so I'm sure it will provide a little humor for others when I first get out there. Boogieboards look pretty cool, too, but in general I do love the ocean. I went to Malibu while I was there and it was awesome. I hadn't been to the ocean in over 20 years!! My family used to live on midway island, which is off the coast of Cali in the Northern pacific. I wasn't there for very long, but it sure stuck with me. How about you?

Originally posted by catlover:
Keep us updated on your progress...move, acting, music, ocean experiences!!!!! Do you surf? or just like the beach life?

#9956 December 30th, 2003 at 09:25 PM
Yay! Another-soon-to-be Californian!! wavey I love the beach life myself. Lived here my entire life and have never tried surfing but love to be at the beach. We have friends that live in Newport so we are down there often. Let us know when the big move takes place, we'll help you pick some plants suitable for our crazy climate. Good luck in the entertainment industry!! wavey

#9957 December 30th, 2003 at 09:36 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Brian,
I have several relatives in Colorado,
uncle, and several cousins.............
One in particular does that type of water boarding thing with the sail on it,
para~sailing I think, he loves that......
not sure if he does much of it right now,
He used to do that when he lived in Ill.
Have you ever done that??

Well, It's nice to have you here at
The Garden Helpers Forum...........
Will you be moving to California soon??
We have lot's of members from there already,
glad to have you here, no matter what state
you're from!!!

Weezie

#9958 December 31st, 2003 at 02:21 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Hey Brian
My 20 and 21 yr. old are there almost everyday during the summer. I live near the Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas and sometimes they go to the La Jolla beach! Encinitas and La Jolla are nice then Carlsbad but my kids call Oceanside...oceanslime!! laugh My daughter stays on the beach checkin out all the marines from Camp Pendleton and my son is in and out of the water Boogie boarding. My 19 year old son liked to Surf but he doesn't live here anymore!

What are you interested in doing in the acting field???
wavey

#9959 December 31st, 2003 at 02:59 PM
Good morning, Brian, and welcome from Los Angeles. wavey
Without knowing which area you've selected to live once you land in Calif, I suggest you check out West Hollywood for reasonable digs. It's also close to the action (film, TV). The city of Hollywood, too, has many apartments and small rentals until you get your "sea legs," LOL.
Yay! Another soon-to-be-Californian! grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard