This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99457 January 10th, 2007 at 07:49 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have ended up helping a local (South Austin, TX) production company work on its landscaping, and they're calling for some pretty big orders, but I can't seem to find a store that will be helpful to me.

The first thing they're looking for is Wax Myrtles (due to being an evergreen bush), which they want to put around all of their buildings -- which means several hundred plants. I've only managed to find one or two places that carry wax myrtles, but they don't generally carry all that many.

Also, I've run into quite a few dead ends looking for evergreen trees. It looks like the two most-suggested trees are the Deodore Cedar and the Loblolly Pine, but I keep hearing that one or both of those choices won't grow in the area. It's all rather confusing.

I've been told that the best way to get an answer to all of these questions is to talk to the county agent, but I can't seem to get an answer out of anyone as to who it might be, or even just how to find out.

Anyway, if you can help out at ALL with any of these questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! wavey

#99458 January 10th, 2007 at 11:14 AM
You may need to find a grower.

Try www.nurseryguide.com and see if someone in Oregon can help you - you may need to ship.

If you are not a licensed landscape contractor or nurseryman, you may find it harder to get help.

#99459 January 12th, 2007 at 07:14 PM
Google 'Sth Austin TX wholesale nursery'. A wholesaler will have the plants in quantity and will be able to recommend the plants you require.

#99460 January 14th, 2007 at 12:03 AM
T
T
As for looking for the extension office. Go to the internet and type in your county, then extension office. The site should come up with the address. Often it will have various pages about what plant will grow in your area.
And Longy's idea of a wholesale nursery is great too, because if they don't have it, they ususally know who might. Hope this helps.
teech

Link Copied to Clipboard