This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#99006 February 28th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
continuing from spring Fling... (part 2)

#99007 February 28th, 2007 at 01:42 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Kennyso, thankyou for starting this topic. And here are the rules so no one has to go looking for them in past posts.

RULES

1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack. seed packets need to have the name of the seed on them. If english/american is your second language you may want to use the scientific/botanical name for the plant. That makes it easier to find in english. Other nice things to have on the envelope that are not necessary are USDA growing zones if known, growing conditions (sun vs. shade, ph if unusual, if it needs light to germinate) your screen name. These things are not necessary. Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!

2. Mail your seeds no later than March 23rd.

3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for. As regards wishlist, these can be as specific or as general as you would like or you don't have to do one at all. Or they can be a combination. For example I'm looking for tropical plants to grow indoors since I don't have a garden patch anymore. That's rather general. But I am also looking for Dutchman's Pipe. Now that is specific. So I could put both of them on my wish list. It just helps me to select which seeds to send you when I have a very wide selection to chose from.

4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.

5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by April 15th.
7. Please limit same seed types to a maximum of 25 seed packets. For example if you are sending in Blue Columbines please don't send in more than 25 packets of this type. But you could also send in 25 Red Columbines in the same envelope and that would be great.

NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.

Let the spring Fling Round Robin seed Exchange BEGIN!

#99008 February 28th, 2007 at 01:43 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'm caught up on all the paperwork! Yippie Yahooey lol. I'll be gone most of the day today. But I'll check in this evening. Take care all and have a great day. I'm looking forward to more seeds this evening.

#99009 February 28th, 2007 at 02:22 PM
Congratulations, Tammy!! You are the best! thumbup clp

#99010 March 1st, 2007 at 01:33 AM
tammy is going to miss us when she is all shipped out>>;o)

Huh tammy.

#99011 March 1st, 2007 at 10:40 AM
Yeah, but there's always Fall Fling.....lol
I don't want to think about Fall....I want spring...Where all the flowers show their stuff and hummingbirds and butterflies hang around.....

I hope we all have lots'a flowers this year....I know I will have more variety than last year....thanks to the great people on this forum....

Have a great day everyone,

Kratz7

#99012 March 1st, 2007 at 01:26 PM
I'm sending out today.You'll cool clp

#99013 March 1st, 2007 at 01:41 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have until the end of the month so there is still plenty of time to enjoy everyones comments. I had to packages come in yesterday they were from jmorrrris and Sibyl. I haven't opened them or started their paperwork but I probably will this evening.

I was up early this morning working on church stuff. I can't believe how long it takes. Our stuff is so much quicker. To bad the ward doesn't have a forum.

#99014 March 1st, 2007 at 08:42 PM
I mailed your box priority #03061070000497335736 And the spring fling will follow closely.Sure glad your enjoying this!

#99015 March 1st, 2007 at 10:15 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I can't wait to see what you sent in. Your seeds are always so cool. Take care.

#99016 March 2nd, 2007 at 06:33 AM
S
S
glad ya got my seeds tammy.

#99017 March 2nd, 2007 at 02:05 PM
I stuck some seeds with my postage for you.They just germinated today so thats 14 days.I'm sure you'll love them [Linked Image]

I'm hoping your box arrives Saturday.I'm glad you did this,I haven't seen the top of my bar for ages.I've actually got enough room now to play shots!

Going fishing!C ya'll!

#99018 March 3rd, 2007 at 11:50 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Thankyou njoynit,

I don't think I got downstairs yesterday but I'll be going in just a short minute.

Have a great day everyone.

#99019 March 3rd, 2007 at 03:14 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
no seeds today but that just means more for Monday.

#99020 March 5th, 2007 at 05:35 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I got njoynit's box today. I'm so excited. I can't wait until she looks in.

HEY NJOYNIT!!!!! What is my plant please please tell me what my plant is, PLEASE.......

I immediately dropped everything and planted it in one of my pretty pots. I put gravel in my potting soil cause it looks like a succulent. I hope I'm not wrong on that.

Because I watered it. It lost it's large leaves they got broken in transit. But the root and the stem look to be fine.

I am just so excited. Thankyou njoynit. It's a great present.

#99021 March 7th, 2007 at 11:32 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Kennyso your seeds arrived today. I'm not sure about the Goldenrod. I may be returning those seeds to you.

#99022 March 8th, 2007 at 12:36 AM
Did postal lose the post it note too?I stuck it on a leaf Its an Epi you can see the blooms over in cacti/succulant forum.May have to go back to sept?Its blooms are fragrant.I knew you wanted one.You can pot up the broke pieces in the pot and they'll sprout.They like to be pot bound.I have mine in a hanging basket.I moved mine into something sturdier cause the leaves you'll be growing will add weight....and they can break them plastic hangers(hence why it got repoted...does not stay on branches if have a gust of 27 MPH....just ask the plant.)I made sure you got a section that will bloom this year.I knew you wanted one.It will grow faster its 2nd& 3rd year.bright light,or the stems will sunburn red(like mine did)protect from frost but can tolerate cold temps.Good draineage is good,I use cactis mix. its gritty.I'll send you the fertilzer mix I use.I gotta check my dinner.It smells good though.
you found your brug seeds with postage right?

I'm SOO sorry you had to wait 2 days to find out............I been fishing.I really would not mind a laptop....just to take fishing.I did catch 4 yesterday& caught 6 today.I just wish everyone would keep not needing me for this& that.I just want to fish.....with no kid telling me every 5 minutes'your bobber moved....your bobber moved'I swear the lake got a breeze cause he was talking THAT much............

Everyone don't forget I got the plant/cutting exchange started.

#99023 March 8th, 2007 at 01:55 AM
kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
Tammy, glad they made it to you...did you get both packages? That didn't even take 4 weeks (so much for what the postal lady said laugh )

#99024 March 8th, 2007 at 03:49 AM
Hi Tammy,

I sent another pack of seeds to you....postage included with my address label.

I will have one more package to send in about a week or 10 days, but thought you might appreciate having some more seeds to work with, sooner rather than later.

#99025 March 8th, 2007 at 03:58 AM
Tammy, I am afraid mine may get there last. I am really slow moving with this one. Will get there though.

#99026 March 8th, 2007 at 02:11 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Njoynit, It's an EPI!!!!! I'm so excited. I immediately moved it because I had it in an east facing window. Hope I didn't do to much damage. I'll have to get some cactus potting soil I'm out right now. I wish I had known about the leaves. They got tossed and the garbage man has already come. I'm afraid the brug and the post it know are casualties of the postal service. They put a big hole in the package and I think opened it because there was clear postal tape on top of the masking tape on one end. But I could just be paranoid. Thankyou for the EPI. Your right I had wanted one for a long time.

Hi Kennyso, I think I just got one package. But I'll make sure and check.

Hey Partygirl, Thankyou for your seeds. It is such a nice selection.

Good Morning Triss, Don't worry about 2/3rds of the group haven't sent there's in yet so you are not alone.

I am thinking about sending out the canadian packages soon since it takes them so long to cross the border.

#99027 March 8th, 2007 at 02:15 PM
Any sign of mine Tammy....they went last week to you??

#99028 March 8th, 2007 at 09:49 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
They haven't arrived yet Penny. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

#99029 March 9th, 2007 at 03:19 AM
kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
Tammy...confession here shocked I just got the second envelope back today (so I guess I can put the jasmine and luffa in for you)...through all the excitement, I accidently forgot to put your address on the envelope and it got returned to me so it'll go out first thing tomorrow morning

#99030 March 9th, 2007 at 12:40 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Kennyso,

That just shows how excited you were to get them out. I'll look forward to seeing them arrived.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard