This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98951 January 29th, 2007 at 11:53 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi everyone, I am a student studying a part-time degree in Business & Management. I live in Halifax in West Yorkshire, England. I am also a member of the Royal Air Force - I have served 20 years as an Avionics Technician. I need help with a case study! I have been tasked with an assignment to sell organic tulip bulbs to the USA market. I have been given a 10 hectare farm in Holland which is eco-friendly in every way. Unfortunately I know nothing about tulips and have no idea of the prices you pay or are willing to pay for eco-friendly bulbs. I need to market these bulbs to the USA market and I have a few thoughts as to how to do this but I need some questions answered.
1. I am considering writing an editorial to send to the top 10 eco-friendly gardening magazines or/and websites in the USA. Does anybody know of any?
2. I would like to know a reasonable price I could expect to sell them for - ie. 10 for $8 ?
3. Any information that you may feel is relevant.

I hope I have not offended anyone by writing to you all.

Thank you

Phil

#98952 January 30th, 2007 at 11:06 AM
Hi Phil,your plan sounds great ilove tulips. Things sell cheaper here than in England. I live 3hrs from Washington DC up in the mountains.I came to the USA 23years ago from manchester with my husband and children,you said you are from Yorkshire iKnow Yorkshire very well,ihave family who live in Harrogate.

Phil you must remember that tulips will only grow in certain states here due to extreme weather conditions

Forgive me if my typing is not great i'am new to the computor.

Phil you should get lots of info on this gardening site. Lots of luck.

#98953 January 30th, 2007 at 12:25 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Faye, I live near Halifax (Barkisland) so I am roughly 20 miles from Manchester and a little bit further to Harrogate. I also have a daughter called Loz (short for Lauren). Thank you for the reply, I guess you are liking it out there because you have been there for so long. Organic tulip bulbs is quite a narrow market sector so I will need all the help I can get!

Thanks again

Phil

#98954 January 30th, 2007 at 01:08 PM
Hi Phil wavey
I'm from Manchester, England too.
I cannot answer your questions
But just wanted to Welcome you to the forum
Nice to meet you.
flw flw flw

#98955 January 30th, 2007 at 01:34 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thank you for the welcome princessazlea, I am starting to feel at home on this forum already,
thanks again

Phil

#98956 January 30th, 2007 at 01:47 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum

#98957 January 30th, 2007 at 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Phil! wavey

I'm Faye's daughter Loz...for Laura....That is so freaking me out that you have a Loz too!!!! I didn't realize it was used that much until I googled Loz and it lead me to a lot of English people....I guess it's an English thing. wavey

I'm going to move this to the organic gardening section of the forum where you might get better replies.... thumbup

#98958 January 30th, 2007 at 06:22 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for moving the post Loz, my Loz (aged 9)is happy there is a Loz in USA, she thinks its cool!

Thank you all for welcoming me.

Phil

#98959 January 30th, 2007 at 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a problem, and tell your daughter that I think it's cool that there's another Loz too! wavey

Link Copied to Clipboard