This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#98640 October 5th, 2006 at 07:49 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
No Lynne, In looking for the rug online I found it at another site and it is a lot more turquoise than green and that is not the color we want in there.

T
T
Triss! absolutely amazing project! Is your whole family helping you out? must be such fun working on this. IS your whole house like that, like a dream garden?
you are an inspiration!

Originally posted by Triss:
No Lynne, In looking for the rug online I found it at another site and it is a lot more turquoise than green and that is not the color we want in there.
Oh, rats! It came across as such a nice green in that picture!

May I ask where else you saw it? I'm always looking for South Western decor...

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, everyone is helping with the project and no the whole house is not like that.... YET. I have hopes though. Dan is enjoying this project so much that he wants to continue the theme into the bedroom. Great for me cuz I love the fall colors and have wanted that in our room for a long time.

Lynne, I will send you the site.

#98644 October 20th, 2006 at 09:03 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
We finally picked rugs. Decided to go with a very simple dark green. Also added in deep brown towels. I love both of the colors in there.

Here is the look along with 2 new plants I picked up today at WM. A Marginata Dracaena and a Croton.
[Linked Image]

And the other two plants I picked up. A China Doll and Snake plant.
[Linked Image]

#98645 October 22nd, 2006 at 12:50 AM
I like the dark green rug Triss! The room is looking great with the plants filling in!! Great Job!!!

#98646 October 23rd, 2006 at 06:50 AM
That's a very nice shade of green, Triss - I like it alot! As matter of fact, I once had 2 winter coats that color - loved it! laugh thumbup

#98647 October 24th, 2006 at 01:13 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. Yet another weekend went by with no work on the bathroom. Eventually we will get the fence painted and once I get those last few plants in pots, it should be getting pretty close to done. I am going to put a string of battery operated Christmas lights interwoven in the lattice for a light source other than candles as well. I bet it will look great with all the reflections in there.

#98648 October 24th, 2006 at 04:59 AM
The plants give it that extra special touch Triss!!!!

#98649 October 24th, 2006 at 05:15 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Penny, I love all the plants in there. The funny thing is that I am usually so grumpy in the mornings before a shower, but I go in there now and instantly relax cuz it is so pretty in the bathroom.

#98650 October 24th, 2006 at 08:36 PM
Looking good triss;-) Like the color choices too.

#98651 November 12th, 2006 at 05:13 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Updating.

We spent several weeks not working on the bathroom. But we finally got the fence painted and I fixed up the counter how I like it now.

Here is the entire counter.
[Linked Image]

The left side with a rubber tree, African violet, and ivy.
[Linked Image]

And the right side with a China Doll and Mother in Laws Tongue.
[Linked Image]

This are is loaded with gifts from my friends here at the Forum. The beautiful box and wind chime from Diane, the ivy from Angie, the Wild Willy in the planter from Cindy plus the one hanging from her store, the AV from Sarah and the white flower keeper from Loz. I also bought the fountain from Loz through Avon.

Pretty cool huh!

#98652 November 12th, 2006 at 05:24 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
That's so pretty, Triss!
My bathroom is blah...I took everything down about 2 years ago and packed it up...and it's still in storage.

I want a bright cheery bathroom like yours! eek

#98653 November 12th, 2006 at 05:25 AM
Trissy ~ how nice!

You all must be so happy with it!

Merme

#98654 November 12th, 2006 at 05:32 AM
Very cool, Triss!

I really like what you've done with it all.
Do the kids use this bathroom also, or do they have their own? Little hands can get in trouble with all that wonderful stuff in there!

Does the skylight open in there, or does is stay pretty humid?

#98655 November 12th, 2006 at 05:47 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks!

The skylight does not open and it is not overly humid. Just very bright!

#98656 November 12th, 2006 at 05:48 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh and the kids do on occasion use the bathroom for a bubble bath. They like the big tub. They are pretty good about hand off the breakables though.

#98657 November 12th, 2006 at 06:22 AM
I love it Triss.. Would you say your done now or may just a few more plants?? lala wink

#98658 November 12th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Not done. Dan has this idea to make two very large planters. Kinda like walls. One to go between the sink and tub, one on wheels to go in front of the tub. Both about a foot taller than the counter and with space to be able to put more plants.

I also still have to do the top of the linen closets and some kind of hanging plant behind the toilet. Dan would also like a vine on the back of the toilet to be able to twine throught he fence.

#98659 November 12th, 2006 at 07:16 AM
clp Well that should keep you busy thru the winter then !!

#98660 November 12th, 2006 at 07:23 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
At the rate we are going, we will need a new project for winter. This one went way faster than I thought it would.

#98661 November 12th, 2006 at 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the bathroom looks terrific!! and it was a family project too...how cool!!

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
It has been a while since I have done an update. For my birthday I received a bunch of new plants from my hubby. Finally getting them put where they are supposed to be instead of just sitting in the room. Also potted up a few things that have been waiting.

This is the Black Pagoda Lipstick plant. I lost a lot of leaves in the transplant but believe it or not it looks better than it did in a WAY too small pot.
[Linked Image]

And the overall look of the mirror side of the room. We added a little fancy ribbon over the top of the mirror that has a vinelike pattern and the lipstick plant is hanging to the left.
[Linked Image]

And a look over the tub with the lipstick plant to the right.
[Linked Image]

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
A view from the tub of my corner unit that is sitting over the faucett.
[Linked Image]

And the new plant on the tub step, a cyclamen and the newly potted Christmas cacti which is still putting out blooms.
[Linked Image]

Looks very nice Triss! thumbup

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard