This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98467 January 25th, 2007 at 04:31 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Everyone!

I have "wild" lantana growing in my backyard--"Pinky" cultivar, I think--lovely little bushy things and I just adore the bi-colored flowers that bloom nearly all year. Is it possible to take cuttings from these babies and if so, what's the best way to go about it? They grow like crazy and I'd love to take some with me when I move.
BTW, willing to take some cuttings and send them to whomever wants some if you'll give me precise directions on how to ship them--I've got tons of the stuff.
THanks,
Ranee

#98468 January 25th, 2007 at 05:39 PM
Hi there Ranee,

Lantana can be grown from semi-hardwood cuttings. These can be taken after the growing season. The stem will snap when bent rather than bend. And I am adding a link below that tells about how you root the cutting once you get it.
Propagation by cuttings

#98469 January 31st, 2007 at 04:42 PM
They also transplant quiet well....entire shrubs.even in SUMMER In TX!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby dug me one out of my friends yard& brought it home in back of truck.Leafless.I was left to 'guess' what the pink flowered plant was he removed from her yard.Even though I had one growing just like it in the yard..........I'm very happy with hers as its 3 times as large as mine. It even sprouted back leafs while sitting on the gound unplanted.I thought he'd KILLED it!

I'd just dig your whole plant.I cut this one back to 18 inches& from July- frost it grew back out and did bloom again just before frost in Nov.

#98470 January 31st, 2007 at 06:47 PM
I think it'll be easiest to just dig out a few rooted spots since they grow so easily (I remember reading these are weeds somewhere) They are beautiful plants!

Link Copied to Clipboard