This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98338 March 7th, 2007 at 08:37 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello all,

I found this plant in the laundry room of my apartment building where someone had left it to wither in the darkness. I decided to take it back to my rooms and see if I could restore its health, but so far my efforts are failing miserably.

I have a thumb that doesn't even manage to approach green, but I'm trying! I've been giving this plant water, but it doesn't seem to be soaking it up. The soil in the pot is also remaining wet far longer than it seems it should, and the wetness is not spreading much, just staying in a small circle around the stem of the plant.

New soil needed, maybe? And what the heck kind of plant is this?

Thank you so much,

Matt

Also,
I can't figure out how to post photos in my message here, so I will gladly email them to anyone who responds!!

Thanks again for reading all of this!

#98339 March 7th, 2007 at 10:04 PM
A
A
Old potting soil will not hold water...the wetting agents break down and the water will run right through it. So, I would get new potting soil. Second, if it is root bound it won't take up the water you give it, so repotting it in a slightly larger pot would help. I'm sending you a private message with my email address so you can send a photo.

#98340 March 7th, 2007 at 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to post a pic - which we will need to be able to identify the plant - you need to start an account at a hosting site; upload your pics to there and then paste a link to the pic in your post here.

i use photobucket.com they have a free service and the site is really easy to use. copy the IMG info (as soon as you click in the field, it auto-copies the info for you) and paste it in your reply post and when you submit it, the pic will show.

Link Copied to Clipboard