This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97729 January 18th, 2007 at 07:33 PM
H
Hur731 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I was wondering if someone could help me out with my jade plant. I recently went away for 3 weeks and accidentally forget to leave my plant in a place where it would get light. most of the leaves fell off and some branches wilted I only have 2 strong branches out of 7 frown I cut off the wilted branches close to the main base at a "joint" (i don't know if that's what it's called.)However, there are about 4 new leaves on the strong branches and I have the plant near a window now, I'm hoping my plant will come back to life. should I do something else or just wait for it to heal on it's own?!?! please help it's my favorite plant

#97730 January 18th, 2007 at 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jades don't like changes - they tend to go into shock and will lose leaves (as you've learned).

you should keep it in one spot and not move it around a lot. the spot can be very sunny or not so sunny...it will adjust. they do have better growth when they are kept in sunlight tho. if you do need to change it's location, it should be done gradually over a period of at least a week - more like two weeks with small movements every couple of days.

k. now on to getting this plant back on good ground.

did you give it a good watering when you got home? if not, please do so smile

you've already pruned the bad stuff off - good.

new leaves are REALLY GOOD!!

you've put it back by the window - which is just where it should be...it'll be a few day/week for it to adjust...let it stay there and recuperate.

as much as they don't like changes, they are very hardy plants!! i'm sure that yours will recuperate just fine!!

#97731 January 18th, 2007 at 11:35 PM
From what I've read on this forum, I've learned that jades are very resiliant.

I would say leave it alone and see what happens, but new signs of growth are always a positive thing!

I had a jade and it did the same thing (minus the new growth) and I thought it had died. I wish I had left it alone to see if it would have regenerated life but unfortunately I got rid of it. But I will say that you shouldn't water it too much - it is a succulent plant and therefore stores water in the leaves.

Good luck and I hope your jade rebirths!

Link Copied to Clipboard