This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97713 May 22nd, 2006 at 09:00 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi all, as you know my pictures aren't the greatest but I have one that I would like to identify the cultivator if possible. Last year I bought 5 assorted peonies at walmart. This year contrary to all odds one bloomed. To me it looks like a powder puff peony but I know so little I'd like some confirmation if possible. Here is the picture:

[Linked Image]

To give some additional information about the bloom it stands 36 inches high. It appears to be able to support it's bloom without staking and what is difficult to see is that the stamen is very very dark red and at the bottom of the pink leaves on the inside they are red rather than pink. But unless you move the other petals away and look you'll never see the red. The outer petals are a lovely blush pink and the inner petals are cream colored and narrow. There are one or two pink petals amongst the cream colored ones but not enough to make it look like the Lian Tai cultivator. I would really appreciate your help with this.

#97714 May 22nd, 2006 at 01:46 PM
ohh, I don't know what it is...but I like it!!! Very pretty flower. Can't wait to find out its name so I can add it to my list of plants I like. Hmm, I think that as time goes on...I might have more flower beds than actual lawn. idea Ahh, it's ok.

#97715 May 23rd, 2006 at 12:43 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I definitely want more flower bed than lawn. I hate to say it but lawn is boring lol. But that's just my opinion. After weeding everything I may not feel the same way.

Link Copied to Clipboard