This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97710 March 3rd, 2007 at 04:47 PM
D
OP Offline
D
has anyone tried this product yet? i bought some this year for the first time and put it on my garden hoping it will cut my watering down. i don't have a well like most people around here so i have to use city water. but that is so expensive to do it just doesn't pay to use it. my garden is just two years old so the soil isn't quite right yet. it needs more organic matter in it to help hold a little more moisture. so i hope this product will help with this. any ideas? thanks.

#97711 March 3rd, 2007 at 06:37 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I bought it awhile back. It did not decrease the amount of watering I had to do at all. And when mixed in home made potting soil it constantly rose to the top which is not where I wanted the water. It also didn't share the water with the plants. It just stole it all and held on to it until it evaporated.

I would have to say it is a bad product. But that's just my opinion.

#97712 March 4th, 2007 at 03:48 AM
To reduce your watering, incoorporate more organic matter into the soil and mulch heavily. Very heavily. Anything else is a quick fix which won't have any long term benefits.

Link Copied to Clipboard