This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97582 December 31st, 2006 at 05:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd like to know the names as well as care info - what type soil, lighting, watering schedule, etc

[Linked Image]

on the left is A it's got white fuzzy stuff along the stems and the leaves are thick/fleshy and have a slight curvature to them...pointy tips too. about a half inch or so long and medium green color. i'm not sure if this is supposed to be some trailing type thing or if it should be standing upright...when i first got it, it was very floppy (under watered) and it did seem to perk up a bit (and stand up a bit) after i'd given it a good watering.

on the right is B. it stands upright and has small light green leaves that are fleshy - not very thick though. leaves are rounded at the tips and are about the same size as the nail on my pinky.

yes, i know this one is blurry...it's similar to B, it's leaves aren't as thick/fleshy though. similar growth pattern. lighter green for the leaf color and the tips have more a point to them and they are the same size as the ones on B.

[Linked Image]

here's D. leaves are long/thin and fleshy. light green color and about an inch or so long.

[Linked Image]

E looks like it's some type of aloe? leaves are
long...1 1/2 inches to 2. little teeth along the edges of the leaves - not too prickly, just bumps, basically.

[Linked Image]

F i think is some type of kalanchoe? it's grown since i've gotten it...leaves are med/dark green and roundish with indentations along the edges. a bit fleshy, not too thick tho.

[Linked Image]

d, e and f are all in the same pot...the burros tail died and the other thing in it is graptapetalum superbum.

is it safe to leave them all in the same planter? or should i seperate them due to watering needs??

thanks!! and sorry the pics are big...not my camera and it's just a cheapy thing and photobucket changed it's site and when i tried to reduce them, they didn't reduce.

if i can get her to lend me the camera again, i'll try to get clearer pics (they're actually a bit clearer when they are smaller, i just can't get them to reduce)

i also have another group planter that has haworthia and aloe in it. forgot to get pics of them...

#97583 December 31st, 2006 at 05:28 AM
Jocyln, try zooming out a bit, it might help with the focus, and yes, I think you've got a kalenchoe!

#97584 December 31st, 2006 at 05:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she took the pics...and she just got the camera on christmas so...

i forgot to load one of the pics...

[Linked Image]

G (on the left) is a cactus (i think) with a few babies around it. the spines have a red tinge to them.

H (on the right) looks like it is a jade...the leaf color is much redder than the jade that i have, tho...it is reddish all over the leaves rather than just at the tips like the other jade will do in strong sunlight. can't really see it in the pic...it's a deep red color.

#97585 December 31st, 2006 at 05:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh jeez! that looks awful!

i tried resizing again...

but the pics are STILL the same size...weird!

#97586 December 31st, 2006 at 04:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's another one that i didn't post earlier.

i is a little tree.

[Linked Image]

#97587 December 31st, 2006 at 04:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
okay. i redid the pics in paint because they actually aren't as bad as they look after i uploaded them.

this will be small as i took a screenie of the thumbnails...

[Linked Image]

#97588 January 1st, 2007 at 06:16 AM
S
S
do ya think plant e could be a aloe? web page

Link Copied to Clipboard