This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96532 May 10th, 2005 at 04:12 PM
I
ibkaren Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Good Morning Rene,

My brother found this plant in a field and dug it up. We do not know what it is though very interesting. In these pictures it is a little droopy ... hope it doesn't die.

The bottom part of plant is hard but the top ends of each stock is soft .... like velvet antlers on a white tail buck.
Each green 'hair' coming off of the stock is soft.

growing in sand.

I do not know how to post a picture to go with my message.

Oh gee whiz .... I've jumped through hoops to get to here and now I realize I've nothing to show you all. I've got to get to work. Sorry.

Karen DeForest

[Linked Image]

#96533 May 12th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
I
ibkaren Offline OP
OP Offline
I
It appears from no responses from this list that I have stumped everyone as to the idenity of this plant.

The plant has perked up a little which gives me hope that it will survive the transplant.

I have written Archbold's Biological Station in
Venus, Florida asking them what is this plant ... as to date ... I've not received correspondence back from them.

After tomorrow - if the plant looks like it is 'snapping' out of it ... I will try and post another picture.

I sure was hoping that someone knew what this is.

Karen DeForest
karendeforest_realtor@htn.net

#96534 May 12th, 2005 at 03:00 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
IBKaren,
At first glance it looks like a plant
from a Dr. Suess book!!! LOL!! wink laugh

Just gotta give some of the gardener's a chance
to get here and take a look~see at it.....

Don't dispair quite yet!!!

Weezie

And Hey, Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
we're very glad you found us!!!
Stick around, there's lot's to do here, and several members from Florida here too!!!

#96535 May 13th, 2005 at 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like something that has been "trained" to do that twisty thing. the tops don't look like they are going to be that way, just from first glance...

Link Copied to Clipboard