This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96279 August 25th, 2005 at 02:31 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Brilliant to find this forum! I have a fern which should be easy enough for someone with experience to ID. I've only been at this horticulture thing for about a month, but somehow now have about two dozen plants. Duh

I've always loved ferns for some reason, and I now have six (counting the fern that ate my living room, that is now two that have eaten my end tables).

My question is in regard to my newest two, a sad, sickly, and badly damaged pair of 6" mystery ferns. They look, for all intents and purposes, to be Boston Ferns. They have to be some closely related variant. Only thing is that they are super jumbo sized. Not the plants themselves, mind you; as I mentioned, they are only in 6" pots, and not very healthy. The fronds themselves, though generally damaged, still reach 18" and longer, and the individual leaflets are in the range of 3" x 3/4." They are shaped and arranged like a typical Boston.

Any ideas?

Greatly appreciated!

Darryl

#96280 August 25th, 2005 at 08:09 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Might have pegged it. This Macho Fern looks pretty spot on, but I've only just started going over it. It would make sense, in that I'm in Texas, and bought it here.

http://www.srtrop.com/notes/macho_c.htm

Link Copied to Clipboard