This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9564 December 2nd, 2003 at 06:07 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I love hoyas. They don't love me. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Isn't it funny how one can grow certain species so well, and then just totally suck at keeping other varieties alive? Hoyas in my house start out fine. Happy. Then slowly, from the end of the stems traveling up, the leaves and stem wither and die off with no sign of leaf burn, yellowing, or wilt. I usually keep them in a sunny window, in a pot w/drainage, and regular water. I feed 1/2 rec. dosage for potted plants once a month. Sounds okay, right? Maybe they just don't like me... :rolleyes:

#9565 December 3rd, 2003 at 01:28 AM
Are you taking rooted plant or cutting that are dying off? I have a cutting off of my grandmother that I got in the spring and I guess that it must have rooted because it has 4 new leaves! smile I find that these plants grow really slowly? I have not fed mine yet? I'm pretty sure that my grandmother has never fed her's and she has had it as long as I can remember and does that thing flower for her it's amazing!
Might you be killing it with kindness?

#9566 December 3rd, 2003 at 02:02 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Hi GardenZealot,

Try this link about Hoyas. I think it might help. Take a look at the picture gallery too, there are some wonderful photos of Hoya Blooms.

Teesside Ranch Hoyas

jc2weho luv

#9567 December 3rd, 2003 at 04:11 PM
Hoyas are sooo beautiful! The blooms look like little candies. We have about five of them, here, in pots under the back stairs. None of these have bloomed for us yet, but they're sending out stalks. flw

#9568 December 8th, 2003 at 07:53 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I will go and check out those Hoya pictures. I couls still be watering it too much. I will cut back more and see if that doesn't help. I love to flowers too. My local nursery has one that must be 20+ years old. It's giant, and has so many clusters of blooms you can barely see the leaves! I dunno, I'll keep tryin'. ~Timi

Link Copied to Clipboard