This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95145 February 25th, 2007 at 06:54 PM
OP Offline
A lot of my bulbs starting coming up and I have been very happy and excited to see them. However, they seemed to have slowed down and I still do not see any real stems or buds. Is this normal? Am I being impatient? How long do they usually take to bloom once they start emerging? This is my first year having bulbs so I am clueless, I'm pretty sure that they daffodils and tulips would be the ones coming up now, but I really won't know what it is that's growing out there until they flower.

#95146 February 25th, 2007 at 07:17 PM
My crocus, daffodils, tulips, and hyacinth have started peeking out of the ground, but it will be a while before I start to see any blooms. :rolleyes: We're going to need some warmer and sunnier days before we begin to see some color; frown except, for my crocus. Geesh, I've even had them coming up in the snow in the middle of January, but, unfortunately, not this year. spring hasn't sprung yet, frown but it's getting closer. flw flw flw

#95147 February 25th, 2007 at 07:43 PM
A
A
Well...I must admit that I don't know what city is considered the "coffee capital", so you're gonna have to tell me. Duh
We seem to be in similar zones, and if you've had weather like ours, the year started off warm and bulbs started growing but then it got cold and they slowed down. Now that it's getting warmer they will start up again and you'll have blooms in no time. Some of my dafs are blooming now and others have buds.

#95148 February 25th, 2007 at 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coffee capital would be Seattle! thumbup

Mine are always soooooo much slower than I'd think. Each day in the spring I walk around checking them out and it seems to take my daffodils and tulips forever to actually flower.....crocuses are pretty fast it seems.

Hang in there, they'll flower eventually--just maybe not as fast as you'd like. laugh

#95149 February 26th, 2007 at 11:00 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
mine are taking forever too. Although I had shoots in December because of the warm fall and early winter.

Now they aren't doing anything. I'm about to get out Lady Huh's PomPoms and try to motivate the little darlings. Oh O, I feel another episode comming on lol.

#95150 February 27th, 2007 at 04:02 AM
S
S
my daffodils and tulips always seen to take long to flower, i think its cause when i see the foliage i wanna see the flower ,,now! laugh they will flower in there own seet time wink

#95151 February 27th, 2007 at 06:02 AM
We had sun today and it got up to 47, so I've got a few more sprouts coming up. wink They're predicting a high of 56 on Wednesday so I should see a lot more coming up, but I'm really in no hurry. frown I sure don't want them blooming only to get zapped by some unexpected freezes. eek

#95152 March 4th, 2007 at 12:41 AM
My tulips stuck up their heads, where the snow melted.....But it snowed lots after that at 3 today......

However I know they will be there..Hurry , hurry, hurry, spring...........

wavey flw

#95153 March 4th, 2007 at 01:41 PM
Our snows have finally melted off enough for to see our gardens here in northwest Kansas, and our tulips and daffodils are like 1 to 3 inches up and a'comin'. This week though they really ought to go nuts... well, infacto everything out there really ought to too, lol... we are heading up into the 60's (yippy!)... and, the really kewl thingie is that December was like totally unusual for us, and cuz we got like almost 7 inches of "rain" (rain in December?????.... who'd have ever thought, lol) before that second snow storm that hit Denver (Dec.30th) got us.... and all our rainings then turned to ice and later on to snow (almost 3 feet in all)... so like our ground here has had such gooder moisture this Winter that this spring really ought to be most marvelicious indeed!

#95154 March 4th, 2007 at 03:17 PM
oh gooderboy,

your luckier than the average bear......We still have couple feet to melt..(Snow). And it is still coming down......

shocked

#95155 March 4th, 2007 at 05:32 PM
M
MLN Offline
M
I think some of these bulbs are "teasers." Mine popped up in early Jan but didn't start blooming until late Feb. The daffs are in full bloom now and what a welcome site they are! Some of my azaleas and other things are beginning to bloom too clp

#95156 March 4th, 2007 at 06:09 PM
MLN

Why dont you show us?????????

nutz nutz nutz

#95157 March 4th, 2007 at 06:12 PM
MLN

Why dont you show us?????????

#95158 March 5th, 2007 at 03:06 AM
Originally posted by dodge:
oh gooderboy,

your luckier than the average bear......We still have couple feet to melt..(Snow). And it is still coming down......

shocked
... hi there Dodge, and methinks/feels ya just may be a bit right on there too... and I still can't hardly believe us getting all of that kinda rain in December either... it's just amazing! If it helps any though... I have been a'slippin' and a'slidin' around on all that stuff out there from like December 30th, up until... well, and yeah... less than a week ago... and yeowie! I'm a mailman, and me route is like 6 to 8 miles a day... and boy oh boy was there ever some rough going for a while there... and I sure do thank gooderness for them 'Yaktrax' too... they are really really great on ice.

I also went out and took a really gooder look at stuff today, and after I wrote that up above there... and many many of my tulips and daffodils are just now breaking through. I also sorta had another thought, lol... and as I was looking at all of me crocuses that are a'bloomin' and/or getting ready for to bloom... well... and cuz it kinda bothers me that they tend to get dug up (and/or sliced to bits, and yikes!) during the rest of the year as I am digging and weeding and transplnting stuff out there... so anyways, I was kinda thinkin' of maybe movin' them all more into the surrounding lawn areas, and then just letting them naturalize themselves there... and without them ever being bothered again... well, and except for maybe me speading them about all the more anyways. I've seen the lawn effect with them a few times, and to me it just kinda looks really kewl... and anyways, by the time I start mowing again they'll already be long gone too. And I'm sorry, I'm just sorta thinking out loud here... gooder luck with all that snow... and please oh please... no more here please.

#95159 March 5th, 2007 at 02:11 PM
LOL
Gooder......

Sounder good ......out loud .
I have some of my daffodils in the lawn area, like our talkin. I aren't impressed with.. But let it happen. See they aren't dead at all when we start to mow.. I have to let the grass amongs them stay till they do die....They must get the sun on the plant for nourishment for the next year........
However maybe your grass isnt as quick.

Thanks for the stories mailman , and the mail.
ha ha

#95160 March 5th, 2007 at 10:49 PM
Well, all mini Daffodils are up and blooming just like it was spring! flw flw flw Actually, some of me Hyacinth are booming now too, flw but I haven't seen any of my Crocus! frown They are usually the first to bloom. I hope I didn't lose them. ters

#95161 March 5th, 2007 at 11:25 PM
Patches,

Lucky you ,,,,,,,We received lots of white stuff again last nite, and today.......Nothing at all here is bloom.

Duh Duh Duh

#95162 March 6th, 2007 at 03:09 AM
P
P
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

im not too worried about the crocus,but im afraid the recent warm winter with the following cold snaps have done a number on my hyacinths
the stems havent gotten near as tall as last year and they are blooming.

#95163 March 6th, 2007 at 07:06 AM
Porter, that's about how tall my hyacinths are this year too! Duh

#95164 March 6th, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Originally posted by dodge:
LOL
Gooder......

Sounder good ......out loud .
I have some of my daffodils in the lawn area, like our talkin. I aren't impressed with.. But let it happen. See they aren't dead at all when we start to mow.. I have to let the grass amongs them stay till they do die....They must get the sun on the plant for nourishment for the next year........
However maybe your grass isnt as quick.

Thanks for the stories mailman , and the mail.
ha ha
... you are sure welcome there Dodge, and for sure for sure, lol, the mail must go through... well... and that is unless there's a doggie a'comin' after us anyways. And no... not me daffodils in the lawn but rather just crocuses is all... and then ya see, by the time me grass is ready to mow, all of them crocuses will all be over and done with... well, and plus too... since crocus aren't all that tall either, then they won't really look at all out of place in me lawn.

#95165 March 6th, 2007 at 01:30 PM
thumbup clp clp

Gooder

You a trick lil bugger........
I love the crocus and the other flower..
It shows what we are missing.It was 0ยบ here when we got up......
i think I am in Alaska without a team of sled dogs.......Only have one. No sled.Just atv.

dev

Link Copied to Clipboard