This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95114 September 9th, 2006 at 11:46 PM
Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
The birds here have been great little gardeners this year, planting Sun flowers everywhere, & a really good Canteloupe. I thought they were finally getting it right, when 2 of these showed up INSIDE the veggie garden! grinnnn
[Linked Image]
Right at first, I thought they were one of the really bad broad-leafed grasses that I've almost gotten rid of around here, but when I pulled one up, I saw that it had a shallow root system (like corn), rather than the thick trailing roots of the "bad" grass... so I put it back!

Although they're a bit shorter than any corn I've ever grown, they have those little shoots at the bottom like corn plants do, but now that one has put up a "tassel" of sorts, I can see that it's NOT corn!
[Linked Image]

GOOD GRAVY, GERTIE! Is this some type of GRASS? sca

The only other thing I can think of, is that the birds want more of something they found in the feeder & decided to grow their own! [Linked Image] <i>(They can just go make THEIR OWN garden, somewhere else!)

#95115 September 10th, 2006 at 02:36 AM
Hiya Patty,
Yup, looks like your birdies are trying to be "helpful". laugh
They've brought you some nice forage Sorghum , which they think is super yummy. wink

#95116 September 10th, 2006 at 11:23 AM
D
D
Aww how cute that they planted that. hehe!

#95117 September 10th, 2006 at 08:33 PM
Good gravy, Gertie!

How about Good Golly, Ms Molly!

Well, the birds will be happy now, and you have another plant to cultivate - fun, fun, fun.

#95118 September 10th, 2006 at 11:53 PM
Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image] Very interesting! I think I'll just give it a little more time (Probably too late to transplant it now) & toss it into the field next to us, where it can reseed itself! Might look cool to have a stand of that out there, & the birds should love it! [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard