This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95090 March 18th, 2007 at 09:16 AM
L
OP Offline
L
despite misting and standing on tray of gravel to increase the humidty i am still finding the tips of the leaves drying out and brown should i remove the tips of these leaves or the whole leave
i tend to water it about every three weeks so not sure where iam going wrong its such a lovely plant would hate to loose it

#95091 March 21st, 2007 at 01:10 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I'll move this to the HOUSE plant SECTION... thumbup flw

#95092 March 21st, 2007 at 03:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every three weeks is just not often enough to water!

do a deep watering and then check the soil after a week...if it's dry down an inch or so, water again, if it's still moist, wait a couple of days and check again - water if it's dry.

what kind of sunlight does it get?

#95093 March 21st, 2007 at 06:01 PM
L
OP Offline
L
thanks for reply i do check it every couple of days
it is about 20ft from three large south windows that get sun most of the day tend to leave blinds open fully from day light so they get plenty of flitered light has did not think they liked full sun i must admit since i put it on gravel and repoted it in fresh house plant compost and seperated it from its little brother that was growing alongside it has perked up it s new pot is bigger so it s not has cramped so hopefully it will continue to perk up its little brother seems to be thriving in his new pot
will bear in mind the water situation even though the soil was moist a inch or so down it was only barely moist further down

Link Copied to Clipboard