This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94842 February 24th, 2007 at 02:54 AM
Amany Offline OP
OP Offline
ok....

I've rooted a lot of jade cuttings. They're all doing well. Recently, though, I decided to propagate some jades from leaves. Jade Ovata and Silver Dollar Jades. They all have roots now, and two of them actually have little quarter inch plants coming from them. Now I'm a nervous mama!

I had assumed that the water from the starter leaves would sustain them for awhile. Am I right in that assumption? Or should I give them a little sip on occasion? Maybe when the starter leaves get a little soft or floppy? So far they look happy just being left alone. I want them to stay that way though.

Input would be appreciated!

#94843 February 24th, 2007 at 03:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
leave them alone, other than a half a sip once a month or so until the starter leaves have withered.

#94844 February 24th, 2007 at 03:26 AM
Amany Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Jiffy! kissies I've grown attached to the little buggers.

#94845 February 24th, 2007 at 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh it's amazing how that happens, isn't it!

what do a jade plant look like

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sandy, jades are a think leaved succulent that is usually a deep green and very tolerant of neglect. they don't like being over loved (over watered or feed).

i'll try to find a pic for you.

Amany Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's a link to some pictures on Google:

Jade (Crassula Ovata)

Sandy, here is a picture of my Jade. I've had it for a little less than a year and got it as a tiny baby.
plants/Jade002.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Link Copied to Clipboard