This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94818 September 1st, 2003 at 11:15 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
ok vine has heart shaped leaves has small blue flowers that are small and only open for a day it forms a cluster of about 2 inches round with lil seed pods resembleing MG type seeds seeds are tan and creame colored.when got trade was labled as blue queens wreath but is not.Have searched as flowering vines and have not found anything resembling this at all.and have some shooting up at bottom now that are white,but vine is smaller than this blue one...was labled as tropical and dies at 50 degrees& would return from root in zone 10
so what is this?it does grow well and gets visited by bumble bees
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
albulm flowers2003

I'll share seeds...just ask wink

#94819 September 2nd, 2003 at 10:59 PM
A
A
Queen's wreath, or Petrea volubilis, has long racemes of bluish purple flowers that resemble a wisteria. The flowers only last a few days at most. But you say this isn't what you have, right? Hmmm....describe the shape of the flower..maybe that will help. Does it look like a star...a daisy...a morning glory, etc.

#94820 September 3rd, 2003 at 02:03 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
have added more pics to albulm of vine plus the white one comeing up with it.they are grown in full sun

#94821 September 5th, 2003 at 12:05 PM
A
A
The one called 'Alamo vine' is a type of perennial morning glory or Ipomoea sinuata. I'm not sure what the blue one is, but I'm working on it. :-)

#94822 September 5th, 2003 at 01:51 PM
P
P

#94823 September 5th, 2003 at 02:10 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
yes had already found the alamo vine and do love it as it is a monster& like it alot.is a similar blooming morning glory type like it but is heat leaves called man of earth and have it growing back in woods too but not many seed pods yet but hopefully soon.
and have still not come up with blue vine ID yet,been looking in rare unusual vine catagorys in online catalogs and ZIP yet...if find no name should be called "njoynit's headache"..LOL laugh this is the longest have ever looked for info on an item and not found out diddly...almost 3 months now

#94824 September 6th, 2003 at 12:40 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
njoynit,
Was it a weed or store bought???
I can't remember which you said.
I have been taking peeks for it on and off,
still nothing on my end. We'll get Catlover on the trail when she comes back the 19th...

ANYBODY READING THIS, YOU'VE GOT TO GO TO NJOYNIT'S WEBSHOTS TO SEE HER PICTURES!!!!
SHE'S GOT ONE IN THERE WITH SOME plants IN A BUBBLEGUM MACHINE, WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!
I LIKED IT ALOT.

Weezie

P.S. I IM'd You, did you get it??

#94825 September 7th, 2003 at 09:07 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I do now have some actual "queens wreath "vine.my neighbor was in houston this weekend visiting her mom and her mom gave her some of the vine...it is the white she said & is a difference& does look much like paptios pic ceept was no flowers,they kinda blew off in back of her truck.she took piece of vine to her mom and she doesn't know it,says have never seen,but is going to go monday to some botanical garden thing monday and carry with and see if its there

yes bubble gum machine is a cool planter...still trying to figure what to grow in it for this winter though........
have a 3 section gray one for use next year& have plenty of those in pile at end of yard.

just seems SOMEONE would know this plant....was a seed trade& her e mail does not exist anymore was FL trade& shoot they can grow anything!

#94826 September 11th, 2003 at 06:03 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
ok....I been cleaning up a bit(actually have space on desk!& a whole jar full of pens!)I made an actual albulm on my webshots for my plant ID delimas.I got a few lil better pics of flowering vine.If you click on picture it will give a more detailed note on the pic

#94827 September 11th, 2003 at 07:42 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I KNOW WHAT IT IS confused :>k:
jacquemontia
hairy cluster vine

its also native to hawwii& arizona and an annuel also known as choisy& midnight blue clustervine.isf serch under jacque....... the 1st one shown is hawwian and shows some nice hawwii scenaery

#94828 September 14th, 2003 at 08:13 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Njoynit,
Well, I am glad you found out what it was!!!

How did it get to your back yard????

It's a very interesting color,
blue is such a hard color to find!!!

Weezie

#94829 September 14th, 2003 at 09:36 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Papito,
That is a gorgeous flower!!!
I wish it was hardy here.

I'll have to look for the seeds
for a annual vine maybe???

Weezie
P.S. Lot's of good info on
organic gardening on that site.
Book marked it for winter reading!!
Thanks! thumbup cool

#94830 September 18th, 2003 at 01:27 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
was a garden trade.all remembered was it came from FL.it is neat though.It is also the only spot my cardinal vine has managed to noit get ate by rabbits but have seen one shot of vine with one flower and about 3 ft down further a nother srig of cardnal vine with no flower.was an attempt to do 20 ft of fence.least the salvia grew at that spot so was not a total loss..LOL

Link Copied to Clipboard