This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93889 March 19th, 2007 at 05:15 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
These are the most amazing tulips.

They have taken such abuse from me and yet guess what...Yep they are comming up.

To catch you up on what has happened to these things since I got them...

First when they arrived from Breck's they had started to sprout. So with great enthusiasm and no knowledge at all I planted them out in my clay soil with out any plant food or preparation of the soil. And I only planted them deep enough to cover the bulb. Needless to say they turned yellow and didn't bloom. When I thought I had killed them. So I through them in the compost pile and didn't give it another thought.

In the fall I used the compost to cover where I had planted the tomatoes that year. And in the spring guess what....that's right the tulips came up. But they were not where I wanted them so I moved them to another location. And since it was the wrong time to move them they seemed to die and I figured I had finished them off.

So guess what I saw when I went outside today. Your absolutely right a few of these tulips have survived and it appears have even reproduced. This year I'm leaving them alone. I'd love to see them bloom at least once.

#93890 March 21st, 2007 at 12:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Tulips are pretty hardy fellows..
I've left them out in just a box over winter
in my basement..
I've let them over crowd each other, and are still doing amazingly well..
Some have even heaved up so much out of the soil
and are exposed, and those are still growing...

Keep us posted on them, hope to hear how they're doing!!!

#93891 March 21st, 2007 at 02:55 AM
wow those are some determined Tulips laugh

JONI

#93892 March 21st, 2007 at 03:55 AM
Wow, I loved that..How amazing could it get! Congrats!! smile

#93893 March 22nd, 2007 at 01:26 AM
Show us some photos when they appear..

I planted some purple ones this fall..They are up , but wont be blooming for a while.. All 6. I want to see purple. nutz

Link Copied to Clipboard