This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93814 March 17th, 2007 at 02:13 PM
M
OP Offline
M
OK<
I have a rubber plant that originally came to the US from Africa back in the early 1900's. My grandfather brought it to this country. My dad had a way of starting new plants - but I was too young to really remember how it got them started. I am moving, and the plant has gotten leggy this last year - I would like to make some new starts & get rid of the old plant that is well over 10 feet tall. Can anyone help me with this??

#93815 March 18th, 2007 at 12:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if it is a rubber tree, latin name ficus elastica, it is very easy. cut the top, 3-5 leaves long, strip the bottom 2 leaves from the cutting, put it in potting soil (some use rooting hormone, i do when i remember shocked ) and water it as if it were the parent plant. that's it. very easy. if it isn't ficus elastica, we need to see a picture so we can figure out what it is to tell you the best way to get one going.

Link Copied to Clipboard