This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I am looking for the following; I only need enough seeds of any one thing for just me. Thanks if you can help!! PM me your Wish List, I just might have some things YOU want, too! If you need the address before I can come back and check mails please ask afgreyparrot.

kerbyj posted that she has a couple of these but after trying for 2 months to get in touch with her, I give up!! No reply to posts to her original post, nor to PM"s!! What to do??!! I wonder if she has been back to the site, maybe doesn"t know how to check her PM"s (maybe doesn"t understand she can GET PM"s??) or something??

I have various other named heirloom Tomatoes, Hot peppers, Squash and can spare a couple seeds of a couple different kinds of Eggplant. ONE or TWO special traders can take their pick if they have my wants!! If no one has these I will eventually be buying them—especially want the Granny Smith Hybrid and Japanese Black Triffle!! Granny Smith sounds good for salsas and I REALLY like Black tomatoes—the flavor is so rich and wonderful!! I am glad I do NOT have to buy ALL the ones I wanted!! Thanks to three special traders—Geagou, sunshine98 and farmerted361!! THANK YOU!! God Bless!!!

Tomatoes I Am Looking For:
Dinner Plate
Granny Smith Hybrid
Japanese Black Triffle
Moonglow
Oaxacan Pink
Paul Robeson Black
Red Currant
Thessaloniki
White Oxheart

Peppers I Am Looking For:
Balloon Chicken Heart
Fatali
Mushroom
Tazmanian Habanero

Vegetables/Herbs I Am Looking For:
Purple Little Tiger Eggplant
Mustard Spinach
Razzle Dazzle Spinach
Purple Ruffles Basil
Yellow Doll Watermelon

Flowers I Am Looking For:
Chim Chiminee Rudbeckia
Sherbert Orange Aster
Tiger Paw Aster
Hens & Chicks Poppy
Simba Marigold
Total Eclipse Nemophila
African Bride Nigella
Red Jewels Nigella
Mojito Salvia
Sunset Runner Bean
Bohemian Rhapsody Sunflower (any/all sunflowers)

Plants I Am Looking For:
~ANY Brugmansia I do not have.
~Hostas—strong pieces; don"t have to be large but please not tiny ones either.
~tempt me!!

Thanks!! Bonnie

Hi Bonnie...

m sure i dont have all those listed in your wish list... but i have purple peppers (i just presume by da word pepper u r referring to what we here call chillies..?) ...my pepper r small pretty purple that ripen red... would u b interested.. looks pretty but to us they r not just for da eyes of course..

i also have Piper nigrum or Black pepper... once i sent a cutting to a member of da forum...she received it o.k....but lately a number of cuttings i sent were confiscated! But i have some fruits on da plant...not ripe yet tho...

Anyway i've just PMed u...

OP Offline
Ha! But will Black pepper grow here--zone 8. Yes Hot peppers are what I mean when I call something Chili. My husband is Mexican and they call hot peppers Chilies!! The purple one you mentioned sounds like one I already have. It is called Vietnamese Purple Chili--it is ornamental but can be eaten; it is VERY hot!! But good!! Bonnie

Do you mean a root of hosta?

Hi Bestofour...

no not Hosta... but Black pepper plant... da fruits or peppercorns r processed into pepper..

Bonnie... i once sent a cutting to a member of da forum... Lorena if i m not mistaken... dunno if it managed to grow well...dunno abt your growing zones.. may b u can ask her...

B
B
I found the Fatali pepper & the Moonglow tomato at www.seedsavers.org.

OP Offline
Bonny--Thanks but if I could afford the outrageous prices for everything I wanted I wouldn't be a member of trading sites, eh?! Hot pepper seeds go for approximately $4 for 15 seeds!! WOW!! I want to TRADE if anyone has them before spending that kind of money. I HAVE been looking for a job for 13 YEARS!!! (I live in South Carolina--mot factories have gone out of business in the last 10 yrs so competition for ANY job is STIFF!! And for a 40 yr old without a degree--even with LOTS of experience--to compete with young college grads is no contest I think?!) Money is tight to say the least.

Bestoffour--Rooted pieces of Hosta will take better for me than seeds.

nmlAlba-dC15 --I would care to atleast try to grow your Black pepper plant here. God knows I use enough of the stuff!! hehehe PM me please. thanks!!

Thanks all. Guess I won't be finding these last things here. Oh well. Someday I will either have the money to buy all or find someone who has them to trade!! Bonnie

Bonnie,

I think I have the African Bride Nigella. Do you have pics of the flower? If I'm not mistaken, this seed cannot be sown inside? I can check once I get home.

OP Offline
They have white flowers.

Go sunriseseeds .com annual flowers
and scroll down to Nigella 'African Bride'

Thanks! Also it doesn't need to be sown inside here--we have long season. Bonnie

Oh...and I got very lucky!! Someone from another site has a couple of the hot peppers I want and is sending them to me!! YEAH!!

Link Copied to Clipboard