This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
One last attempt to find the things I am still looking for!! Hope you can help!!
#93654 February 13th, 2007 at 03:39 PM
OP Offline
I am looking for the following; I only need enough seeds of any one thing for just me. Thanks if you can help!! PM me your Wish List, I just might have some things YOU want, too! If you need the address before I can come back and check mails please ask afgreyparrot.

kerbyj posted that she has a couple of these but after trying for 2 months to get in touch with her, I give up!! No reply to posts to her original post, nor to PM"s!! What to do??!! I wonder if she has been back to the site, maybe doesn"t know how to check her PM"s (maybe doesn"t understand she can GET PM"s??) or something??

I have various other named heirloom Tomatoes, Hot peppers, Squash and can spare a couple seeds of a couple different kinds of Eggplant. ONE or TWO special traders can take their pick if they have my wants!! If no one has these I will eventually be buying them—especially want the Granny Smith Hybrid and Japanese Black Triffle!! Granny Smith sounds good for salsas and I REALLY like Black tomatoes—the flavor is so rich and wonderful!! I am glad I do NOT have to buy ALL the ones I wanted!! Thanks to three special traders—Geagou, sunshine98 and farmerted361!! THANK YOU!! God Bless!!!

Tomatoes I Am Looking For:
Dinner Plate
Granny Smith Hybrid
Japanese Black Triffle
Moonglow
Oaxacan Pink
Paul Robeson Black
Red Currant
Thessaloniki
White Oxheart

Peppers I Am Looking For:
Balloon Chicken Heart
Fatali
Mushroom
Tazmanian Habanero

Vegetables/Herbs I Am Looking For:
Purple Little Tiger Eggplant
Mustard Spinach
Razzle Dazzle Spinach
Purple Ruffles Basil
Yellow Doll Watermelon

Flowers I Am Looking For:
Chim Chiminee Rudbeckia
Sherbert Orange Aster
Tiger Paw Aster
Hens & Chicks Poppy
Simba Marigold
Total Eclipse Nemophila
African Bride Nigella
Red Jewels Nigella
Mojito Salvia
Sunset Runner Bean
Bohemian Rhapsody Sunflower (any/all sunflowers)

Plants I Am Looking For:
~ANY Brugmansia I do not have.
~Hostas—strong pieces; don"t have to be large but please not tiny ones either.
~tempt me!!

Thanks!! Bonnie

Re: One last attempt to find the things I am still looking for!! Hope you can help!!
#93655 February 14th, 2007 at 03:37 AM
Hi Bonnie...

m sure i dont have all those listed in your wish list... but i have purple peppers (i just presume by da word pepper u r referring to what we here call chillies..?) ...my pepper r small pretty purple that ripen red... would u b interested.. looks pretty but to us they r not just for da eyes of course..

i also have Piper nigrum or Black pepper... once i sent a cutting to a member of da forum...she received it o.k....but lately a number of cuttings i sent were confiscated! But i have some fruits on da plant...not ripe yet tho...

Anyway i've just PMed u...

Re: One last attempt to find the things I am still looking for!! Hope you can help!!
#93656 February 15th, 2007 at 05:15 PM
OP Offline
Ha! But will Black pepper grow here--zone 8. Yes Hot peppers are what I mean when I call something Chili. My husband is Mexican and they call hot peppers Chilies!! The purple one you mentioned sounds like one I already have. It is called Vietnamese Purple Chili--it is ornamental but can be eaten; it is VERY hot!! But good!! Bonnie

#93657 February 18th, 2007 at 02:41 PM
Do you mean a root of hosta?

#93658 February 18th, 2007 at 03:15 PM
Hi Bestofour...

no not Hosta... but Black pepper plant... da fruits or peppercorns r processed into pepper..

Bonnie... i once sent a cutting to a member of da forum... Lorena if i m not mistaken... dunno if it managed to grow well...dunno abt your growing zones.. may b u can ask her...

#93659 February 18th, 2007 at 04:33 PM
B
B
I found the Fatali pepper & the Moonglow tomato at www.seedsavers.org.

#93660 February 20th, 2007 at 04:35 PM
OP Offline
Bonny--Thanks but if I could afford the outrageous prices for everything I wanted I wouldn't be a member of trading sites, eh?! Hot pepper seeds go for approximately $4 for 15 seeds!! WOW!! I want to TRADE if anyone has them before spending that kind of money. I HAVE been looking for a job for 13 YEARS!!! (I live in South Carolina--mot factories have gone out of business in the last 10 yrs so competition for ANY job is STIFF!! And for a 40 yr old without a degree--even with LOTS of experience--to compete with young college grads is no contest I think?!) Money is tight to say the least.

Bestoffour--Rooted pieces of Hosta will take better for me than seeds.

nmlAlba-dC15 --I would care to atleast try to grow your Black pepper plant here. God knows I use enough of the stuff!! hehehe PM me please. thanks!!

Thanks all. Guess I won't be finding these last things here. Oh well. Someday I will either have the money to buy all or find someone who has them to trade!! Bonnie

#93661 February 20th, 2007 at 06:37 PM
Bonnie,

I think I have the African Bride Nigella. Do you have pics of the flower? If I'm not mistaken, this seed cannot be sown inside? I can check once I get home.

#93662 February 21st, 2007 at 03:13 PM
OP Offline
They have white flowers.

Go sunriseseeds .com annual flowers
and scroll down to Nigella 'African Bride'

Thanks! Also it doesn't need to be sown inside here--we have long season. Bonnie

Oh...and I got very lucky!! Someone from another site has a couple of the hot peppers I want and is sending them to me!! YEAH!!

Link Copied to Clipboard