This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93647 May 19th, 2005 at 08:32 PM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought this looked kinda neat. Any ideas what it could be?

[Linked Image]

Meg

I dont know what it is but I love the color and your right it is really neat looking. Are you taking some for your garden?

Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know if I'm brave enough to go down in that ditch. It surrounds my house, but um.. it's a creepy deep ditch, full & thick with weeds. It's like a little jungle! shk

Meg

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Meg,

I like this stuff,
although it's a weed...

You can dry this stuff and use in
dried arrangements!!!!

Brassicaceae: Virginia Pepperweed (Lepidium virginicum)

Weezie

Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Weezie! That is sooo cool! (How do I dry them out!?)

Meg

Cut them stems and hang 'em upside down.

Too bad you couldn't do that with . . . oh, ok. I'd better not voice that thought - sexist remarks are no longer allowed. A polite way to say it would be 'too bad you couldn't do that with some people I know - they need a little drying out'.

When I first saw this picture you put up I thought - oh, there's something I actually 'know'. Purslane - but I see it's not purslane. So I didn't 'know' anything after all.

I've often seen this plant and liked it. I'm glad I know what it is now.

You post some interesting weeds, Meg. Thanks for sharing them.

Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
Carly, I can post so many weeds, cuz that's all I got! My ditch probably has 5000 different kinds of weeds in it! laugh And my yard is a complete field of them.. what's grass? :rolleyes: I don't mind the weeds in the ditch for the most part (other than the nasty ragweed!) but I'd like to see some actual grass in my yard..lol.

Meg

Link Copied to Clipboard