This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9264 May 14th, 2003 at 01:57 AM
S
OP Offline
S
2 years ago I skimmed off my old lawn and then took about 3 inches of soil away and replaced it with a good helping of top soil onto which I laid a new lawn. After the first year the grass looked fine(apart from a few dandelions) but this year there seems to be lots and lots of what I can only describe as 'wild grass' . it seems to grow in circular clumps and thay are dotted around all over the place. Does anybody know how to get rid of this stuff before it takes over the complete lawn, I can't individually gig it out because there is so much of the stuff.
Many thx in advance
spoons33

#9265 June 21st, 2003 at 10:07 PM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
Gee Spoons.....it is pretty hard to remove that type of grass from your lawn....but you can do it....with a lot of hard work and digging. Hand dig and remove circular sections of your lawn...where the offending grass is. Remove it and lay down some new soil....and reseed these areas. Make sure you keep them well watered and in no time your lawn will look great again.

Good luck
Barb
barbsblooms@shaw.ca

Link Copied to Clipboard