This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#91581 November 7th, 2006 at 12:45 PM
OP Offline
Brug Junkie!!! well I'm well on my way to being addicted Thanks Njoynit!

These are starters she sent me... unnamed Pink/ I've learned to go from water untill the white knots form and then soil.. She sent a few weeks ago and they are beginning to leave out Here they are just recieved and in water [Linked Image]
here they are after being potted up..
[Linked Image]

I recieved 6 more types ( colors) from someone else..
they are...
Charles Grimaldi
pale Yellow
cotton candy
pink beauty
snow cone
Adora

These have been in water now 3 days and the white knots are becoming noticable.. this week end I pot up
[Linked Image]

By spring I should have 9 Brugs well on their way to give me a show!!! Because this is my first time I hope you don't mind if I keep updating thru the winter into spring how they progress!!

#91582 November 7th, 2006 at 01:22 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I only have 2 different brugs! eek

I want all those, Diane!

My kitchen is full of brug cuttings right now...
...all to be potted tomorrow when Brennan gets here to help me.

We'll have to trade some next year when yours get big! grinnnn

#91583 November 7th, 2006 at 02:50 PM
I will enjoy seeing your progress over the winter.

I have 5 in the window that I started from seeds this Summer,

I had 3 in the garden from last year that bloomed beautiful this year. They are two unknown peach/pink and a unknown white.

I thought I would like to have some named brugs. So I traded for....
Creamsickle,
Jean Pasko
Janet Reno
Charles Grimaldi
Jamican Yellow
unknown lite yellow

I think I have a passion. LOL!!!!

#91584 November 8th, 2006 at 12:51 AM
I got a dresser covered.

My new crop this year.
Rosa traum(2)
Betty Marshall(2)
Logees orange
Martha stewart(2)
Jamicia yellow(4)
Tropical sunset
Peaches& cream
Creamsickle
Versicolor peach
Charles G(2)
Butterfly
milk&honey
Daydreams(2)
Monikia(2)
pink perfection(2)
Bolero X Gypsy Queen
Maya-lost 1 stem tip (2)
Sunray
Versicolor orange& a nugget.

Plus i'll do a log rooting of Knightti*****And Cindy gets a piece of knightti& cypress gardens****
Cypress gardens is short.It did have another round of buds& the rain dropped them monday.but got buds on Knightti& frosty pink/unknown pink& seedling pink all have been blooming but dropped some blooms during the rain.**smells good when ya rake over some**
I got one bud on my jamicia yellow plant.MIL cutting bloomed.It was one of my chrales cuttings.So least the pinks I moved down there aren't duplicated.My Dr suess is perking up and growing now after sulking all summer.I doubt will get blooms& no blooms from jean pasco either,but its 6 ft& no 'Y'.I have a 7 ft frosty trunk i'll winter over that has buds now. I got 1 seedling thats young still KBS XSupernova.then my 5 white suav seedlings in ground.will likely root the whole thing and plant out next year.I also think I know where new brug bed is going.Waterhose decided me.
There are cuttings in kitchen window that are not pictured here.so the space on freezer will become'un-cat-able' He's been hanging out in the suitcase anyway.i'll load those latter(I'm on a rakeing break.! 1 hour burns 150 calories)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The last shot was Knighttis last flush.the buds are curling under so its soon again

#91585 November 8th, 2006 at 12:58 AM
opps guess it ain't huh.Its a canna seedling.its orangey colored.I likes it.the rain has it leaned it over,but has 4 flowers now.

But THIS is!I'm going to give it a lil shade next year& see how it does next year.

[Linked Image]

#91586 November 8th, 2006 at 08:59 AM
OP Offline
WOW Njoynit!!!! What a list OMG.. I would never have room for all of those,,( Don't mean I wouldn't try tho!! lala laugh )

Has any one seen the brug named Ambrosia?? It is gorgeous!! I'd like to have that one, besides that fact that is My daughter name to!!

#91587 November 8th, 2006 at 09:01 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by cinta:
I will enjoy seeing your progress over the winter.

I have 5 in the window that I started from seeds this Summer,

I had 3 in the garden from last year that bloomed beautiful this year. They are two unknown peach/pink and a unknown white.

I thought I would like to have some named brugs. So I traded for....
Creamsickle,
Jean Pasko
Janet Reno
Charles Grimaldi
Jamican Yellow
unknown lite yellow

I think I have a passion. LOL!!!!
There are soooooo many named and unnamed huh Cinta? With your list and Njoynits list There were some listed I hadn't even seen on sites WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#91588 November 8th, 2006 at 10:00 AM
B
B
Wow,
I have Peanut and Daydreams,Pink smitty plus about 50 others I dont have monika or Pink perfection

#91589 November 8th, 2006 at 10:31 AM
Diane - I just found this thread, and am very anxious to follow your posts during the winter! I had 3 brug plants for 3 years and only had a few blooms on 1 before I let them go. I just didn't have the indoor space to overwinter them anymore, since I really wasn't getting much satisfaction from the blooms.

Can't wait to see your progress!

#91590 November 8th, 2006 at 10:59 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by bruglover:
Wow,
I have Peanut and Daydreams,Pink smitty plus about 50 others I dont have monika or Pink perfection
50!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup grinnnn You must have a lot of land and a HUGE house!!! laugh laugh

Lynne I hope this is successfull for me I absolutely love them,, Njoynit is my mentor with brugs and with Bruglover holding over 50 I'll probably bog them down with questions too lala

#91591 November 8th, 2006 at 02:35 PM
angelblossom, I will be hanging with you and the questions. I have not had any problem getting blooms. So I decided they would be my new passion.

There are a lot but I am trying to narrow mine down to 1 variegated, 2 good yellows, 1 red, and 2 doubles. All of these will have to be good bloomers and the fragrant that I am looking for.

After I do my tests I will get rid of the ones that do not meet the bloom smell test. LOL!!

Njoynit, can I pick your rooting method knowledge. Do you prefer to root in water then soil 0r....do you root direct into soil?

#91592 November 9th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
B
B
Hi All
I leave mine out all year.I live in zone 9 we dont have much of a winter here at all. I have a place for them if needed. I have a small greenhouse plus others I just cover up when its cold.

#91593 November 9th, 2006 at 05:31 AM
B
B
Here's is a small list of what I have
Daydreams
Peanut
Pink Smitty
carolina Charm
Maya
Jamie
Harlot
Janet Reno
Miss caylie
Pink Velvet
Velvet rose
Lamour
Double Peach
Shedded White
Delta dawn

still have many more to list
painted Lady
Rosa Traum
creamsickle
susanne
Mango crush
melon Kisses
Autumn Treasure
Genavive
Dola
Isbella
frosty Pink
Miss emily Mckenzie
Miss Lili
New Orleans Lady
Edna
HG
Dr Suess
Dr D
Charles Grimaldi
Clubera
Peaches and Cream
Pink Beauty
Kyles Pink
Kyls White
KBS

still have more will post later
have about 75 seedings that I started from seed.

#91594 November 9th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by ServantsHeart2003:
Hi All!! I have cuttings in water rooting that I want to either trade for or give away for SASE--any left by Jan 1st I will THROW AWAY!!

Available:
5 Dr Suess
4 Frosty Pink
1 Jamaica Yellow
1 Suavelons Pink
1 Citronella
11 unknown (all were named when I got them as cuttings last year but before planted all tags were lost--they did not flower this year so....unknown) hehehe
3 Tahitian Wedding Bells
1 Charles Grimaldi

Am looking for:
Adoro, Bambino, Butterfly, Canary Bird, Creamsickle, Culebra, Cotton Candy, Daybreak, Enchanted Double White, Golfito, Hans Georg Preissel, Harlot, Harrenhauser Garten, Island Girl, Janet Reno, Klerx, KBS aka Monster, Maya, Madeira, Mittagsonne, Mobisu, Mon Amour de Mareuil, Peaches & Cream, Quinde, Rosa Traum, Rosamond, Snowbanks, Snow Cone, Strawberry Cream, Temple Goddess, Tequila Sunset, Tragedy, Tuffy, Twisted Sister, Whiskers, Yellow Tail

I do not get to the library very often (1 hr+ each way walking) so we could do the arranging via snail mail
------------------------
edited
-----------------------
If you want SASE--send Priority Mail Stamp, 2 of your self stick return address labels and a list of the cuttings you would like. In most cases you can get up to 3-4 for the stamp--but I can stuff what I can fit in and you could pay whatever difference when it gets to you. If you live somewhere where there is already snow, ice, freezing temps--let me know! I will try to protect your cuttings in the best way I can! I will be unable to replace every cutting that may be lost in the mail so we will try to be SURE none are lost, ok?!! Thanks! Bonnie

ALL left as of 1 Jan 2007 will be thrown away!
BONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HI !!!!!!!!
How Are you!!!MY goodness Longtime no see!!!!!!!!!! It was a very pleasent surpise to see you on here!!!! UI'm interseted in Dr. Suess and a couple of others Give me a couple of days to look some of those up and I'll get back to you on saturday!!!!!

Wow Girl!! I'm soo Happy your here!!!

#91595 November 9th, 2006 at 09:58 AM
OP Offline
Brug lover do you have cutting available??

#91596 November 9th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I accidentally deleted Bonnie's (ServantsHeart) post. :rolleyes:

If you want any of her brug cuttings, she has a topic down in seed exchange with the same info.
I have already sent her a huge box, postage paid on it, so she can send me some starts! grinnnn
I got my Dr. Seuss from her last year.

#91597 November 9th, 2006 at 10:44 AM
B
B
I have some ready for trade , I am new at brugs
so not all are ready to trade. I have all the ones you listed Angelblossom .

#91598 November 9th, 2006 at 10:45 AM
OP Offline
Okay!!!! Thanks Bruglover!! I'd enjoy seeing your picture if you have any!! thumbup

#91599 November 10th, 2006 at 05:36 AM
I root in water till get nubbys when I get nubbys then I move to soil.they seem to leaf out in about a week after hitting soil.If I get any signs of rot I wack it off and re root.I also change my water daily.I re fill ueing warm tapwater.
Gee bruglover.I see some I'd like,but wonder what my holding capicity is on this room?(I have to take in account that when I get in deep freeze......I have to have somewhere's to SET those plants to.)But do have questions.Hows Rosa Truam do for you?she like the heat?will she take full tx sun?I think your near Alice TX.also hows daydreams do?I really likes its leaves very fuzzy.I might be intrested in New orleans lady& autuam reflections (my photo on name....its a painted brugmansia,by some person BUT the painting is of autuam reflections.)
I set up my greenhouse condtions yesterday.I think a few of my plants need to go diets.back is sore& it took me just about all day.plus spraying them all down and cleaning tops of soil(I cheated...airhose blowouts...especially with cacti)For some reason seems are more plants this year than last year in GH,plus would have more room if the christmas tree hubby bought and set up out there was gone from there.I may have venting issues this year though....No slideing door cause we closed it in,but it will be warmer.Now to find to find that lost green plant hanger....................I've been looking for 2 days now!

#91600 November 15th, 2006 at 09:04 AM
OP Offline
Hey Njoynit Did cha find the green plant hanger yet?? thumbup clp

#91601 November 18th, 2006 at 10:39 PM
I still have not found that green plant hanger & nobody around here admits to seeing me relocate it.(they all told me where it HAD been)

My cuttings are growing Well too.I'm going to start wacking on some of my brugs in ground.That lil cold spell Friday morning got my leaves looking ratty.I just hate to cut though...hands cramp...time consumeing steralizeing.I've also seen my cold GH stays a lil warmer than last year.was a 12 degree differance.

going fishing this morning.Bass we're hitting along sandbanks Thursday.I'm hopeing them big fat ones are like starveing to feed up for winter& let me grub on some nice fat bass.I can't believe I drove further for minnows than beer!((Oh our new beer/wine store opened last week....gas is soon too! I got some cranberry& lime smirnoff coolers for the Colts/Cowboys game sunday.GO COLTS make it 10-0!

#91602 November 19th, 2006 at 06:00 AM
OP Offline
laugh laugh -----> njoynit! I can't believe you drove further for minnows than beer either!!!,, Yeah It got down right cold here at night this week but the days have been pretty decent today it's near 70 so again I took all cutting outside! Yours you gave me are getting big enough for me to have to steak two of them up with sticks, and are really filling out on the tops! Thanks again.. leaves are beginning to sprout now on the newest starts for me!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#91603 November 19th, 2006 at 08:26 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Holy Koogamooga! shk

I need to move to Texas!

#91604 November 20th, 2006 at 04:34 AM
OP Offline
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> Holy Koogamooga! muggs

#91605 November 20th, 2006 at 05:28 AM
You should move to Texas Cindy and be a Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard