This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90167 October 10th, 2005 at 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the posts in the section may appear to have inconsistant "flow". This is because, due to what I call the "hijacking" of posts, there is a lot of extraneous information in the topics that has been edited out.

This section is primarily an informational section. General conversation should be conducted in the Banter Hall . Criticism and critiques should be directed to a Hostess or Bill via pm.

It is helpful if you post one question (or set of related questions) per topic, with the subject in the topic header.

Please remember as you answer questions, that there are no dumb questions as we all had to learn our information somewhere. So be kind.

Thank you all for making this the BEST gardening site on the web kissies

#90168 November 3rd, 2005 at 05:58 AM
Thanks for info Jiffy

*****Steph wavey wavey

#90169 November 18th, 2005 at 02:55 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Thanks for reminding people about staying on topic!!!! clp

#90170 November 28th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
Hi Jiffy, I am new to this site and I have a couple questions. The first question is, How do I add a signature to the end of my post. I tried a few things and none of them worked.....The second question is who is the head of the whole site that I can send a message to letting them know that this site is awesome?

Thanks, Nicole

#90171 November 28th, 2005 at 04:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nicole......if you look over on the upper left of your screen where it says Hello, Cole and then look directly above that you'll see where it says profile/messages....

Just click on that, then you'll want to click on Edit Profile.....In the Profile Fields section you will see at the very bottom a signature part....You can add your signature there.

As far as who runs this site, that's our head honcho Bill!!!!! He's wonderful!!! wavey

#90172 November 28th, 2005 at 02:41 PM
Thanks Laura, everybody that I have talked to so far in this site, has been so nice and wonderful with the help and advice. I am going to try again to put my signature but I will be back if it does not work...LOL

Nicole

#90173 February 27th, 2006 at 08:36 AM
L
L
Why can't we search the past posts for help on a particular topic? Everytime I search this site it shows a bunch of website addresses like a regular search engine rather than previous post?

#90174 April 23rd, 2006 at 04:56 AM
thanks for the info just joined today love this site already! smile

#90175 April 23rd, 2006 at 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lilac lover... sorry to take so long to answer you, i was a little under the weather for a while...

the answer is, it is a regular search engine, but it will return "websites" (which are really topics) that are only on this site. does that make sense. and then, if you don't find what you are looking for, you can google the whole web.

there are several individual pages (thousands) on plant care, then all the topics here in the forum. the way to tell the difference is that if it is a single page, it will say "the garden helper..." but if it is a forum topic it will say "the gardener's forum..." I hope this helps!

#90176 June 27th, 2006 at 02:59 AM
B
B
Hi,
I want to ask a question but I don't know how to post it after writing it. Maybe I should ask it here.

Bob

#90177 March 14th, 2007 at 05:04 AM
Hi Jiffy and the rest of you,

It has been a while since I have been on this site. I just wanted to thank all of you that helped me make sure my Christmas cactus did not die.... I went and purchased cactus soil and re-potted my plant... It even started to bloom right away. I must have done something right! Thank you all once again! Christina

Link Copied to Clipboard