This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89958 March 8th, 2007 at 06:19 AM
L
Livnlet Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Does anyone have any experience with a Coffee plant?
I like to experiment with different things. Once I tried to grow a nut that I found on a beach. LOL
I have a Coffee plant that is about 4 years old.
I bought it as a tiny plant in a grocery store.
It has grown nice and bushy but has never bloomed.
Last month it got brown so I removed the brown leaves and re-potted it. I did not realize that there where 8 different individual stems of the plant.
It is putting on new growth. I read that it does not like fertilizer.
I had a coffee plant many years ago and it bloomed.
Had a very nice fragrance to it.
Thanks for any feedback.
Liz

#89959 March 10th, 2007 at 01:56 PM
I HAD a coffee plant years ago. It hated me. I managed to keep it alive a couple of years before it died. ters

This is the care from the tag:
High indirect light, provide at least 4 hours of filtered sun a day. Keep constantly moist and provide high humidity. Fertilize with fish emulsion and add coffee grounds twice a month from spring to fall, decreasing monthly through March. Set coffee plant where it won't be disturbed; the leaves tend to turn brown when touched. It grows very slowly and must be several years old before it will bloom.

I hope you have better luck with yours!

#89960 March 10th, 2007 at 02:04 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B

Link Copied to Clipboard