This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89942 January 25th, 2007 at 02:25 AM
OP Offline
I ordered this plant stand a couple of weeks ago and it just came the other day. I would love some opinions on what plant might look good on top??? I just set my new fern on it just to see what it would look like but have since put it back where it came from, so the plant stand is now naked!

It's made of a Stone-finish alabastrite and it's
10" Diameter x 18 1/2" High.

Thanks for any help!
Plant Stand

#89943 January 25th, 2007 at 02:53 AM
I was just looking at your other plant pics and I think that your Nummularioides Hoya would look amazing on that stand.

#89944 January 25th, 2007 at 02:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd probably get a really round low pot that took up most of the circle on top, then put a medium pot on top of that, and a smaller pot on top of that...to make sort of a layered effect if you get me. That would give, height, and lots of room for different plants. Not sure exactly which ones, but I'd find something nice.

Very pretty.... flw

#89945 January 25th, 2007 at 06:09 AM
M
M
Where did you get that wonderful thing? That is an amazingly beautiful stand! I mean that. It's wonderful. A larger fern could work. IMHO the plant can't be too amazing, or they would compete with each other. I'm thinking one kind of plant, maybe a variagated ivyish thing that would hang down and go up a bit - a (nonexistant) mineature grape vine or wisteria... Hmm... English ivy? Or go for the fountain effect with a nolina, non-stem-forming yucca, Aloe Bellatula, something like that. When you find it, please post another pic.

#89946 January 25th, 2007 at 01:03 PM
I am sooooo very impressed with your plants!
Your hoya collection is fantastic, and all your plants look so healthy and vibrant!!!

Have you mentioned before, where upstate NY you are?

#89947 January 25th, 2007 at 04:27 PM
Wow.....what a pretty stand!!!
I'd have a hard time choosing too!!

#89948 January 25th, 2007 at 05:00 PM
I think string of pearls would look pretty cool. but then, I am obsessed with trailing plants.

another option would be curly fig. I love mine. it stays pretty bushy and trails just a little. its my favorite.

#89949 January 25th, 2007 at 06:41 PM
That is an absolutely amazing plant stand! Very beautiful! thumbup

#89950 January 26th, 2007 at 01:34 AM
OP Offline
wavey

Thank you ALL for the nice comments and GREAT suggestions!!!
I think I'll take many of the plants that were mentioned and put them on the plant stand, stand back, and see how they all will look, I think that's the only way to do it!
I kinda wanted something that hung down a little but was kinda sparse and airy looking so the stand wouldn't be hidden too much, like a hoya, ivy, etc..

I LOVE the idea of a ROUND bowl type pot to follow the bowl shape up top! That would look real nice I think instead of the typical clay pot shape.
I won the plant stand online. It really wasn't all that much either with so much design along with the height and it's not really lightweight either.
With packing material (peanuts) and two boxes (one inside another) It weighed roughly 14 lbs and cost less than $30 depending on WHO you got it from, there where a few.

Would you believe this was a bird feeder/plant stand, either or, lol.I don't think anyone would want birdie potty on it eek :p frown

Lynne,
I live about an hour and a half south of Syracuse, and as you well know, it's been FREEZING!!! Is Rockland County near here?

Thank you all again and I'll post another pic when I find just the right plant and the right place to put the stand!

#89951 January 26th, 2007 at 02:43 AM
Rockland County is in southern NY on the NJ border.
But... my son lives in Ithaca - are you near there? And he happens to fly in and out of Syracuse often for work - just flew in there tonight!

I went to school in Binghamton for my first 2 years of college - anywhere near there?

Speaking of freezing... tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest it has been in 2 years - the windchill might get down to 20 BELOW!

Can't wait to see the plant you decided on - it's such a nice stand!

Oh, by the way... there is a large nursery here called Down to Earth! laugh

#89952 January 26th, 2007 at 03:52 AM
The plant stand is beautiful!!! I love it!!

I think something the trails or cascades would look wonderful in it! grinnnn flw

#89953 January 26th, 2007 at 04:18 AM
OP Offline
Lets see, I'm about an hour from Ithaca, and the city of Binghamton is not far from here, maybe twenty minutes.
My Husband is from Binghamton, Ha, small world!

This weather has been nutz CRAZY! with a heatwave in December (50s-60s)
Tonight It feels like 20 below already. I can hear the wind howling a little bit right now! Brrrr.

I'll probably put the stand up on one of the plant table's when there is a plant on it, I'd sure hate to have a kitty use it as a scratching post!

Oh, that's funny about the nurseries name!

Thanks,
Take care now!

#89954 January 26th, 2007 at 05:02 AM
OP Offline
wavey Thanks angelblossom,

Yes, I think something hanging will look good too. I'll try a few and see which one looks the best.

shocked

#89955 January 27th, 2007 at 03:45 AM
hello,

what a beautifull plant stand.good idea not to let the birds do doodoo in it.

i looked at all you pictures, what a BEAUTIFULL room full of gorgous plant,may we call you * green thunb *

i know what you mean with the weather,i m from around montreal and it is as speak - 22 c.....and a pneumonia on top of it all....geeeeeeezzzz laugh

bye *green thumb *

#89956 January 28th, 2007 at 04:05 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Francine, glad you liked the pictures wink

YIKES! Pneumonia? Oh my. I do hope you feel better soon!
Whenever I have felt down and out, the only thing that really helped was sleep, sleep and more sleep zzzzz

Take care now!
smile

#89957 January 31st, 2007 at 04:56 AM
tommorow i m suppose to go back to work,thanks for the advise,i ve been sleeping for a couple a weeks now...i almost feel like rip van winkle..exept in my case it would rather be like rip apart those van wrinkles laugh

thanks.

Franny...crazy franny that is !!!

Link Copied to Clipboard