This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89647 February 18th, 2007 at 11:03 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I have several as in probably 50 or more Aloe plants growing in my yard. There are some many it almost seems strange. They are very mature and have flowering every year. They reside in one spot, like in a group.

They actually look like the one on the front page.

The problem; had someone come in and do some yard work and they cut back probably half of the plants. They never tried to de-root them, they just cut them off at the stocks.

I do not have an issue with this since there are so many. I immediately went out and cut some of the leaves and threw them in the freezer.

-----

Real question: Is it possible for me to root any of the plants that were cut-off at the stock. I was thinking of growing one inside and thought perhaps I could get a stock to root in water and then transplant to soil.

Is this possible?

#89648 February 18th, 2007 at 11:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let it callous over for a few days then stick it in soil and treat it like a mature plant. it will most likely grow just fine.

Link Copied to Clipboard