This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89454 September 6th, 2006 at 02:35 PM
OP Offline
Hi everyone...

Hoping for some help here...

is this Chinese Houses..??

#1 [Linked Image]

...n this bush that is FOREVER in flower...? i also have a pink one...

#2 [Linked Image]

Thanks a million... wavey

#89455 September 7th, 2006 at 06:21 AM
nmlAlba,

OMG!!! How do you get such beautiful, and I repeat BEAUTIFUL colors?!? I am in awe of all of the plants I've seen you post. Malaysia must have some truly breathtaking plants.

Not too sure what #1 is, but if I had to guess, I'd say #2 is some form of oleander Duh The oleander we have in the US has different leaf shapes, but similar texture (wax-like). (BTW, if it is oleander, it's very toxic.)

Good luck on getting IDs! thumbup

#89456 September 7th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
Oh My!! The blue is wonderful Don't know the names but wow those are just beautiful!!

#89457 September 7th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
OP Offline
Hi CajunMama n angelblossom...
Thanks a million.... i thot #1 was Chinese Houses...they r not, huh?? Well...dont think # 2 is Oleander...'coz we do have Oleander...woops..'we' means Malaysia...i dont have it in my garden tho...think Oleander flowers r bigger...these r rather small...but they flower non-stop...all year round!

Happy gardening to u both... wavey

#89458 September 7th, 2006 at 12:34 PM
I do think the first one looks like Collinsia ("Chinese Houses"),
'tho I've never seen one quite so blue.
It's lovely.

The second one seems familiar,
but I just cannot put a name to it right now. frown

I'll keep trying to think of it.

#89459 September 8th, 2006 at 10:12 AM
I have no clue, But they are both very pretty!!!!!

#89460 September 8th, 2006 at 10:38 AM
Norhaini, is the blue one a house plant, or is it growing outdoors? (I wonder if it will make seeds.) Duh

They're LOVELY... You DO have some amazing looking flowers in your yard... Nice work! thumbup

#89461 September 8th, 2006 at 10:14 PM
Lovely flowers - Malaysia, eh? Guess we'd have a better chance of growing 'ever-blooming' stuff there than here in the western world.

(I didn't say the west, 'cause ever-blooming plants have nothing to do with political geography - praise the gods)

#89462 September 11th, 2006 at 02:26 PM
OP Offline
Hi zuzu's petals,
Patty S,
comfrey
n Carly....

yes Patty S they r growing outdoors in da garden...n s far s i can see..there have been no seeds... the flowers drop-off but no seeds...wonder if my plant is sterile LOL...but the cuttings do root easily... if u r interested i can try send u some cuttings...dunno how well they would travel tho...

n Carly...yep i can safely say that we do have flowers all year round... but since itz all year round the display may not b s ..aahh cant find da exact word to describe what i mean...i suppose ...out there in your place ...u all look forward to the beautiful floral displays of spring n summer but out here not so much..i suppose...some even take their plants for granted n some r not even 'very aware' of their presence... but me?...well i m a little 'obssessed' with gardening n my garden n my flowers...n a little obssessed with wanting to try 'foreign flowers'...

Have a nice day in da garden everyone... wavey

Link Copied to Clipboard