This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#89311 September 8th, 2006 at 09:27 PM
carly

maybe some snakes.lol

dodge

#89312 September 8th, 2006 at 10:11 PM
Yeah - I don't have any though.

Actually, I like my neighbour - her husband is the one who likes to blame his failures on other peoples weeds.

If he'd just lie down on his perfectly groomed grass there, he could spend an afternoon picking 'his weeds' out from his cedars.

I don't know why he planted those cedars so close to the fence anyway.

Our side of the fence is a parking lot, belonging to our apartment building - he doesn't like the apartment building being there (even though it was here when he bought his house).

He considers everything on this side of the fence there as garbage. And doesn't see why we should have something nice to look at on the retaining wall - after all, we're just apartment dwellers - it's not as we're HOME OWNERS . . . somebody IMPORTANT.

He doesn't actually say these kinds of things but you can read it pretty easily.

Guess he can't help being who he is - pernickity.

I did take out the wild garlic mustard on that fence (which looks awful after it blooms anyway). But little do these 'afterthewildgarlicmonster' people kmnw, I've been mulching it, seeds, roots and all into my mulching corner on the south west section of the property.

Hee Hee!

I happen to LIKE wild garlic mustard plants - they make great fill and they're nice looking. So, they invade - if there's nothing to invade, who cares?

So the seeds blow into other gardens - ha! Every hear of weeding, gardeners?

The park - High Park, a major park in Toronto, is a stone's throw from us - they are 'thinking of' getting 'roundup' to chase after the invasive, NON-NATIVE wild garlic mustard plant.

The city has nothing better to do with their/our money than chase after non-native plants and dicker around with the eggs of birds they don't want here either - especially the Canada Goose and the Mute Swan (who is not a native bird).

Geesh!

Sorry - I ranted.

#89313 September 9th, 2006 at 12:59 AM
Carly,

Loved your story...........Makes me so glad Ilive on a farm.........
We do have problems on all sides of it, but we just ignore rude folks............
one thinks she is dumping her dirt in our cow pasture, and the truth is , it is another neiggbors corner, which she told us to use to keep weeds down,..Our cows do.
Another 2 have 8 feet of our borders.......We just sit back an watch.......Surveys caught them in the summer, and now there is hell in the holy land, not from us.....
3 neighbor runs on our border to farm, so we put a fence there to make him move over...Each time he yells, we put the fence over more.......

Ha ha
We just ignore them........
Anyways ..........THe snooty ones should know....I am not worse than you are, and your no better than me.........

You got the right attitude...........Hang in there. Tell em you dont scare easily..lol.

dodge ;o)

#89314 September 9th, 2006 at 12:07 PM
M
M
Parts of chinese lanterns are poisonous. Know what you've got before you eat any of it!
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1894/index.html

#89315 September 9th, 2006 at 07:42 PM
margaret

Who is eating chinese Lanterns?????

We use them for fall decorations, like wreaths.

PS. Love IN a Puff has the lantern type of coverning.......And the seeds have little hearts on them.. I enjoyed picking them.. maybe I can create a craft from them?

dodge

#89316 September 9th, 2006 at 07:43 PM
margaret

Who is eating chinese Lanterns?????

We use them for fall decorations, like wreaths.

PS. Love IN a Puff has the lantern type of coverning.......And the seeds have little hearts on them.. I enjoyed picking them.. maybe I can create a craft from them?

dodge

#89317 September 9th, 2006 at 07:59 PM
Well, that particular wall I showed has a lot of stuff coming up from it, and from the neighbour's yard, like I said.

Something in the trees on our retaining walls must be poisonous, 'cause we react when we trim or dig out.

It gives you a sick feeling, kinda' like a sore throat coming on. When I had a heartbeat problem in the summer, I'd been working around there before I went to the hospital.

I spent the night there - heart rate went up to 190 . . . crazy, eh? But the doc there said it wouldn't have been the plants that did it.

I do have an appointment with the cardiologist on Tuesday - it will be my first with a doctor of this nature. I'll try to remember to mention all that growth along the retaining walls.

Maybe it is something there that causes problems.

#89318 September 9th, 2006 at 08:00 PM
I'll also try to remember to take a picture of the same stuff that's growing in the morning glory patch.

There isn't a lot of it on the retaining wall - just in that one spot I showed.

#89319 September 9th, 2006 at 08:08 PM
Here's another shot of that same plant - in that same spot - this picture is from July 11th.

[Linked Image]

As you can see there's some clover in there - portulaca on each side. That, btw, came in very nicely; you've seen my pics of it - amazing plant.

And I do trim that clover at least once a week - haven't the heart to remove it - it looks nice when the portulaca is making her flowers.

#89320 September 9th, 2006 at 09:57 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Carly,
From what I can see of it, it's WOODSORREL , it's not poisonous..

#89321 September 9th, 2006 at 11:48 PM
Its in the Oxalis family.ha ha

No poison....

dodge

#89322 September 10th, 2006 at 08:40 PM
Here's the same stuff in the morning glory patch . . .

[Linked Image]

Yes, it had yellow flowers in summer - doesn't look that good when it's on the lam.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard