This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89214 March 5th, 2007 at 07:01 AM
shrcoh Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a small Aeonium 'Schwartzkopf' plant which unfortunately took a rather large fall and as a result the stem broke. I read here (http://www.ruthbancroftgarden.org/pages/plants/aeonium-arboreum.html) that the plants are cultivated by taking a cutting and letting it dry for a few days so I'm doing that with the top part of the plant but what about the roots and small stem sticking out? If I water it will this part grow into a new plant? Any other suggestions on how to save the plant?

thanks!

M
MLN Offline
M
Don't know exactly what type of plant it is you have here but if it broke off high enough to leave some stem, chances are good it will put on new growth. Nothing to lose by continuing to water it, leave it in it's same location, and see what happens.

YES Aeonium, stalks will grow a new growing point (meristem) it takes time a patience... but dont worry:)

--AARON

Yes it will grow from the stem but do not water it, I just squirt the stem every other day until you see it starting to grow some leaves.

#89218 March 11th, 2007 at 09:41 PM
shrcoh Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the advice. I just replanted the top of the plant and I'll keep the broken stem watered and see what happens.

Link Copied to Clipboard