This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi All wavey
Day one Project FeederWatch - The yard is Electric!

It's an exciting day here at our house. It's our first official day counting birds as part of Cornell's FeederWatch program.

You can check it if you like at www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw.

What a great beginning!

Winter finally arrived here. It's January 21st and the first cold front of year is coming through. Later today we have our first possibility of snow since last winter.

All the regulars are popping. We knew there were many dark-eyed juncos - but 65!! Thorny now you do know where your juncos are!

We are blessed to have more than dozen species a day to our yard. But, we had to auspicious visitors to start the program. First the lovely...
bluebird.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>
Man... bluebirds really are something special. I am thinking of offering mealworms just to get them to visit more (ka-ching)The pair were together, they usually are... but that picture didn't turn out. One visited the heated birdbath -- victory!
Now the ugly... [Linked Image]
We identified this guy as Sharp-shinned hawk. He perched on the fence and waited. He scares me. This is our first shots of him. We knew we had a Cooper's but, I kept telling hubby there is smaller one.

We are busy counting... catch up with you later

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I've got lots of Juncos now! :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorny,
Well, I let the sharp-shinned know your juncos were fat and juicy. So, he'll be on his way.. I gave him an aerial shot of your house and off he went!

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Ah, he'll get mixed up and end up 1 mile north of me at Andrew Jackson's Mansion and grave. Sharp-Shins can't read maps worth a darn! laugh

laugh

Are those ones ever pretty!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Penny,
I love it when the bluebirds visit. They have the loveliest looks and songs.

The hawks are hubby's favorite... I don't them... They make me nervous shk

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I like Warblers, Woodpeckers, and bluebirds. I have been involved in bluebird conservation for years.

Link Copied to Clipboard