This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88207 June 9th, 2005 at 02:59 AM
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hey all.. i have some mystery plants.. well they are Im sure not a mystery.. I just dont know what they are and how to take care of them.. smile I was not sure how to post them and did not want them to be to big so I loaded them on to my msn space and will post a link here.
Any help would be great..its all explained in my "welcome gardenhelper friends" entry..
We are also wondering how to take care of and transplant some imapients..they really need to be transplanted.. ( we keep them inside ) can you take clippings with ease off these? Ill get some more information and get back to you.. thanks a bunch guys!
http://spaces.msn.com/members/lisalayer/

#88208 June 9th, 2005 at 05:05 AM
R
R
I can't control your link but...

1) hanging plant is pothos
2) stemmy one looks like dracaena
3) leafy one looks like diffembachia

#88209 June 9th, 2005 at 12:34 PM
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
hi there RugbyHukr!

what did you mean by you cant control my site? what does that mean? Thank-you for the information.. any tips on how to repot the dracaena? it really needs it.. can I split to roots?

#88210 June 9th, 2005 at 02:05 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Tulip,

When I looked at the photo's..
It's on the automatic slideshow...
and it goes at the rate of speed choose for you..

Sometimes when you're trying to id a plant,
you look at stems, leaves, how the leaves are positioned on the stem, etc... and when it's on the automatic slide show you don't have much time
to look at a specific place on the photo...

I'm thinkin' that's what she meant!!!!

I would have said the dracaena too!

#88211 June 9th, 2005 at 02:16 PM
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi guys.. I know this is a weird way of doing things.. at the top of my site there should be icons such as blog, photos, and the certian lists i have.. if you click on them you can view the plants individually and take your time on the site. what about the other plant? labeled cathys plant?

thanks for all your input

#88212 June 9th, 2005 at 02:21 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The one labeled Cathy's plant is the Pathos!!!

I am not a house plant expert though..

But the others that know about the house plants
come thru daily!!!!

#88213 June 9th, 2005 at 02:26 PM
Tulip,
They are exactly right in the id area. The dracaena does need repotting but if at all possible I would not divide it, just put it in a larger pot. It is a plant that gets very tall. But does better somewhat rootbound. However if you want to divide take it from the soil, find the center of the root systen between the parent and the offset and make a clean cut with a sharp knife or pruning shears, then repot in an all purpose mix. water well. The dracaena,asI'm sure you know, looses its leaves as it grows so don't worry if you start to see brown leaves at the bottom of the plant. It typicaly maintains the shape of a palm like plant. Heres a tip-- once it gets a little larger, you can knick the side of the stalk or cut the top from one of the shoots and it will put out new shoots on either side of the original stalk. Makes for an interesting looking plant but I would not recommend this until the plant its two to three times the size it is now. Hope this helps some...
BTW-- do you have a pic of that spider plant??

#88214 June 9th, 2005 at 02:36 PM
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi Tricia.. and weezie or course..

thanks for all your help.. no I do not have a picture of the spider plant as of yet i think next pay I will break down and buy a digital camera.. the pictures I do have of the planst on my website.. are actually my boss's plants and they took them with their camera.. I will get one asap!

Link Copied to Clipboard