This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8819 June 5th, 2003 at 04:11 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I planted 8 Hardy Carnations 2 years ago. Each summer (late spring?), I have only had a couple of flowers each year. I expected to not get anything the first year but was very disappointed to still have nothing last year. The plants looked nice and green, just no flowers. This spring, I cut off all the dead leaves and have only a little green showing. I am in zone 4. These plants are in full sun. I have no clue as to what I am doing wrong. Obviously, I am an unexperienced gardener. Help!

#8820 June 5th, 2003 at 04:52 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
If carnations are planted with any part of their stems buried they will not flower very well. They should be planted at the same depth that they were originally growing at. Likewise, be sure to keep any mulch pulled back from the plant during the growing season to ensure that there is free air movement around the stems. Acid soil (below pH 6.0) will also inhibit flower production.
More about Carnations
smile

Link Copied to Clipboard