This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8809 November 6th, 2002 at 06:20 AM
T
tammie Offline OP
OP Offline
T
i have a spiderplant that has A LOT of babies and is dying..the leaves are yellow and brown. I have no idea as to why it's dying..i water it about once every 2 weeks,i know they don't need a lot of water...please help before it's too late!!! Could the water be the problem? I use tap water. Also,how do i fix it?

#8810 November 7th, 2002 at 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Tammie,

Unfortunately, yellow and brown leaves are non-specific symptoms that have many causes.

Spider plants need lots of bright light and should be located in a sunny window. They also don't like the soil to get too dry. You should water thoroughly as soon as the top half inch of soil feels dry. In most cases that will be more frequently than every two weeks. Finally, if your local tap water is on the hard side, switch to filtered, distilled or rainwater.

Link Copied to Clipboard